31 Healthful Mother’s Day Recipes Absolutely Anyone Can Make
Facts: cooking at home looks different right now. But you can still prepare a healthful, nourishing meal to surprise and delight Mom on Mother’s Day. That’s why we gathered our favorite Bulletproof recipes, brunch inspo and dinner ideas, all in one place. You’ll also find suggestions for on-the-fly substitutions based on what you have at hand. Don’t feel like cooking an entire meal? Check out the desserts at the end. It’s never a bad time for a cookie.
12 Mother’s Day brunch ideas
Pancakes, waffles and toast
- Vanilla Almond Flour Pancakes: Drizzle with chocolate, maple syrup or your favorite pancake topping.
- Sweet Potato Waffles: Coconut flour helps bind this waffle. No coconut flour? Sub tapioca or arrowroot flour instead.
- Coconut Keto French Toast: Use your favorite bread here. If coconut yogurt isn’t available, use your favorite French toast fixings like whipped cream, berries or syrup.
- Sweet Potato Toast: Consider this recipe a template. Pile your sweet potato toasts high with guac, hummus, bacon or even sweet toppings like nut butter and jam.
- Breakfast Sweet Potato Bowl: When in doubt, slam delicious ingredients together into a bowl. Let this recipe be your guide.
- Keto Breakfast Tacos: A humble egg acts like a tortilla here. Pile high with your favorite brekkie taco fillings, like potatoes, bacon or sausage.
- Keto Eggs Benedict: You’re going to want to slather this super-basic hollandaise sauce on everything. It has just five ingredients — including water and salt!
- Keto Bacon and Zucchini Muffins: The best part about egg muffins: Add whatever diced veggies you have handy, and it’ll taste delicious.
Smoothies and drinks
- Raspberry Smoothie Bowl: Also tastes (and looks) amazing with frozen strawberries, blueberries or a colorful berry mix.
- Keto Dirty Chai Frappe: The spices add chai flavor to this frappe recipe, but leave ‘em out if a coffee frappe is more your jam.
- Bulletproof Coffee: Treat Mom with a satisfying, energizing coffee that tastes like a creamy latte. No butter? Use ghee instead.
- Chocolate Golden Milk Latte: This dreamy latte gets its creamy mouthfeel from Collagelatin, but it also works without.
9 Mother’s Day dinner ideas
- Keto Poached Butter Shrimp: Not including spices, this recipe is just four ingredients and works great with frozen shrimp. Use your favorite aromatic spices to flavor the broth.
- Low-Carb Shrimp Pad Thai: Fresh or frozen shrimp plus shirataki noodles equals “How is this keto?” perfection. This recipe also works well with whatever spaghetti-type noodles you have in the pantry. Simply prepare according to package directions.
- Slow-Baked Salmon and Veggie Bowl: Frozen salmon (or any fatty fish) baked low and slow yields tender, delicious results.
- Paleo Stuffed Acorn Squash: Try this centerpiece recipe with ground beef, turkey or chicken instead.
- Paleo Hasselback Sweet Potatoes with Poached Eggs: No sweet potatoes? The hasselback treatment is great with white potatoes, too.
- Instant Pot Meal Prep Chicken: Stick with dark meat and use chicken thighs instead of chicken legs. If you use chicken breasts, cook for eight minutes instead of 12.
- Easy Slow Cooked Lamb Barbacoa: No lamb? A fatty cut of beef, like chuck or brisket, will turn into tender perfection in the slow cooker.
- Low-Carb Thyme and Zucchini Fritters: Good news: You can fritter almost anything. Try Paleo Cauliflower Fritters or Paleo Sweet Potato Fritters based on what you have available.
- Spinach Empanadas: Tiny! Pies! Fill them with seasoned ground meat instead of spinach for savory perfection.
10 Mother’s Day desserts
- Keto Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Glaze: This dreamy seven-ingredient cake can be made with coconut oil, ghee or even butter.
- Keto Berry Sorbet: Sub 1 cup of your go-to frozen berries and say “cheers” to Mom.
- Strawberry Milkshake with Collagen: A little birdie told us this recipe is also great with frozen blueberries.
- Keto Chocolate Muffins: Canned pumpkin is a fantastic pantry staple, but if you’re in a bind, try an equal amount of steamed sweet potato.
- Lemon Ginger Low-Carb Donuts: If you’re out of coconut oil, use butter, ghee or a neutral oil instead. For a simpler variation, try Gluten-Free Espresso Donuts.
- Currant Meyer Lemon Scones: Riff on this recipe with your favorite mix-ins, like blueberries or nuts. Or try Paleo Sweet Potato Scones.
- Sugar-Free Chocolate Coffee Truffles: Five! Ingredients! Sea salt helps accentuates the flavor of these simple truffles, so don’t skip it. Try kosher salt or Himalayan pink salt instead.
- Keto Shortbread Cookies: Mix your favorite flavors into this shortbread base, like chocolate chips, lemon zest or almond extract.
- Keto Protein Chocolate Chip Cookies: Save your butter and use shelf-stable Grass-Fed Ghee to make these delicious cookies.
- Paleo Pizookie: Arrowroot or coconut flour are great subs for tapioca flour.
Oh, and one last tip if cooking is totally not your jam — support your mom’s favorite local restaurant this Mother’s Day by ordering a takeout meal. It’s an easy way to show you care, and it supports small businesses. Win-win.
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!