Paleo Keto Shortbread Cookies
Keto shortbread cookies recipe via Chef Vanessa Musi
You’ll want to make these light and buttery keto shortbread cookies for your whole family. Like conventional shortbread, these cookies require only a few ingredients and minimal bake time, all with low-carb ingredients that won’t give you a cookie crash.
Related: Keto Protein Chocolate Chip Cookies
To create a buttery consistency in these keto shortbread cookies, grass-fed butter is the star ingredient — however, you could also use grass-fed ghee. A mix of almond and coconut flours creates a crumb similar to white flour, while grass-fed collagen peptides add a protein boost without altering the flavor.
Although this recipe includes a chocolate glaze, keto shortbread cookies also make the perfect base for just about any flavor variation. Mix in cacao nibs, fold in lemon or orange zest, or try adding chopped fresh rosemary or dried lavender to the cookie mix. This recipe makes a delicious blank canvas to alter as you please.
Serve your keto shortbread cookies with an ice-cold glass of non-dairy milk, a warm cup of original Bulletproof Coffee, or a soothing spiced chai latte for the perfect afternoon treat.
Paleo Keto Shortbread Cookies
Start to Finish: 1 hour (20 minutes active)
- 1 1/3 cup (145g) almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup plus 1 teaspoon (80g) grass-fed butter or Grass-Fed Ghee
- 4 tablespoons (40g) erythritol monk fruit blend, such as Lakanto
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon (8g) coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon (8g) collagen peptides
- 1 vanilla shortbread collagen protein bar, crumbled
Chocolate glaze ingredients (optional):
- 4.75 ounces (134g) quality dark chocolate (at least 85% cacao), chopped
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 scant tablespoons cacao nibs
- In a food processor, mix all shortbread ingredients except for the collagen bar until combined.
- Remove and spread the dough carefully with a rolling pin until it is about 3.5mm thick.
- Cut out cookies with curly round cutter and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a perforated baking tray with parchment or a silicone liner.
- Remove cookies from the freezer, place on the baking sheet, and bake for about 8 minutes, or until golden. Baking time will vary depending on your oven, baking tray, and cookie thickness.
- Allow shortbread to cool completely before adding glaze.
- While cookies cool, prepare the glaze: Using a double boiler on the stovetop, gently melt chocolate and oil together until well combined. Mix in cacao nibs.
- Drizzle cooled cookies with the chocolate glaze and sprinkle with collagen bar crumbs.
Makes: Serves 24
Nutritional Information (Per Cookie):
- Calories: 375
- Fat: 29.5g
- Saturated Fat: 16g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 27mg
- Salt: 148mg
- Carbs: 17.6g
- Fiber: 7.7g
- Sugar: 3.3g
- Sugar Alcohols: 2g
- Net Carbs: 7.9g
- Protein: 14g
- Calcium: 13mg
- Potassium: 8mg
Let's Get Cookin'!
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!