41 Recipes for Snacks That Taste Even Better With Coffee
By: Rebecca Paredes
Have you ever noticed that coffee makes sweets taste sweeter and bitter foods taste better? That’s because the bitter characteristics of coffee can actually make your taste buds more sensitive to sweetness, according to a study out of Aarhus University.
Of course, grabbing a treat at your local coffee shop looks a little different right now. If you prefer to have a smile bite with your coffee, you’ll love this roundup of healthful recipes for snacks that go with coffee. Each delicious recipe is gluten-free and largely dairy-free (minus the occasional tablespoon of butter or ghee) and can be adapted to fit into keto, paleo or vegan lifestyles.
Snacks that go perfectly with coffee
Scones and donuts
Scones and donuts are made for dunking, but most options in the bakery display case are packed with sugar and refined flour. Pair your coffee with one of these recipes for a delectable treat without the sugar crash.
- Paleo Pumpkin Scones
- Paleo Sweet Potato Scones
- Currant Meyer Lemon Scones
- Gluten-Free Bulletproof Espresso Donuts
- Chocolate Cinnamon Keto Donuts
- Lemon Ginger Low-Carb Donuts
- Low-Carb Paleo Zucchini Donuts
Bars and bites
These bars and bites run the gamut from citrusy lemon bars to sweet cinnamon protein balls. If you want a snack that tastes like a creamy latte without having to lift a finger in the kitchen, try a delicious Café Latte Collagen Protein Bar.
- Keto Lemon Bars
- Keto Rocky Road Bars
- No-Bake Keto Chocolate Peppermint Bars
- No-Bake Coconut Lemon Bars
- Keto Cinnamon Roll Protein Balls
- Mint Chocolate Chip Protein Balls
- Keto Apple Pie Fat Bombs
- Dairy-Free Keto Lemon Fat Bombs
The rich, sweet smoothness of chocolate paired with a bold cup of coffee — that’s a perfect match. Even better, chocolate and coffee are both antioxidant-rich superfoods. These chocolate recipes taste as sweet as they look, without any added sugar.
- Keto Blueberry Chocolate Clusters
- Low-Carb Chocolate Candies
- Chocolate-Covered Bacon
- Sugar-Free Chocolate Coffee Truffles
- Chocolate Slab
- Keto Fudge Three Ways
Thanks to alternative flours and quality fats like avocado and Grass-Fed Ghee, these cookies are as satisfying as they are delicious. Heads up: If you’ve never baked with ghee before, you’re in for a treat. Learn more about the benefits of ghee.
- Paleo Mexican Wedding Cake Cookies
- Keto White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies
- Keto Flourless Chocolate Avocado Cookies
- Paleo Keto Shortbread Cookies
- Keto Protein Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Keto Brookies
Muffins, cakes and breads
No matter when you take your coffee break, these treats pair perfectly with a creamy cup of Bulletproof Coffee (or tea, black coffee or your beverage of choice). They’re made with no added sugar so you can have your cake and eat it, too.
- Paleo Pumpkin Muffins With Collagen Protein
- Keto Cranberry Orange Muffins
- Keto Chocolate Muffins
- Paleo Pumpkin Bread
- The Perfect Zucchini Chocolate Cake
- White Chocolate and Raspberry Keto Cake
- Keto Texas Sheet Cake With Chocolate Avocado Frosting
These snacks are made for those moments when you want to enjoy your coffee with a simple slice of toasted bread and a schmear of butter. We’ve got you covered with nourishing, gluten-free recipes that still fit your macros.
- Paleo Coconut Flour Bread
- Keto Low Carb Bread
- Paleo Homemade Biscuits
- Fluffy Keto Almond Flour Biscuits
- Paleo Herb and Almond Flour Crackers
- Keto Bacon and Zucchini Muffins
Few things are quite as satisfying as a treat with your afternoon coffee or tea. Think: cake and coffee, biscuits and tea, chocolate and espresso. Whip up one of these recipes and enjoy them with your favorite brew. For more ideas, check out 25 Keto Coffee Recipes to Keep You Happy and Laser-Focused.
Let's Get Cookin'!
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!