Swirled Keto Peppermint Bark
By: Jordan Pie
Peppermint bark recipe & photos created by Jordan Pie
With creamy, melt-in-your-mouth layers of dark and white chocolates, this peppermint bark just sings holidaaaays! Using silky cacao butter, this bark gets deep and sweet flavors without the sugar and vegetable oils in conventional white chocolate.
Related: Keto Peppermint Mocha
Cacao butter is a must for keto peppermint bark, and gives this recipe iconic chocolate flavor with a dose of healthy fats. This bark also gets an upgrade from coconut butter, which gives the pieces a softer, more milk-chocolate consistency. You’ll need to use a food scale for this recipe, since cacao butter comes in irregular shapes and won’t measure evenly.
In this peppermint bark, the white chocolate layer is swirled through the dark chocolate layer to create a pattern and left to set. That’s all! Once it chills, you can cut uniform pieces or break it into shards with your hands. Either way, a pile of peppermint bark will be a new holiday favorite in your home.
Swirled Keto Peppermint Bark
Start to Finish: 45 minutes (12 minutes active)
- 6 heaping tablespoons (80g) cacao butter (un-melted)
- 5 tablespoons (80g) coconut butter (un-melted)
- 6 drops liquid stevia
- 1-3 drops food grade peppermint essential oil
Dark chocolate layer:
- 4 tablespoons (50g) cacao butter (un-melted)
- 3 heaping tablespoons (50g) coconut butter (un-melted)
- 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoons powdered erythritol monk fruit blend, such as Lakanto, or liquid stevia to taste
- Add all white chocolate layer ingredients, starting with just 1 drop of peppermint oil, to a small saucepan and heat on low until melted. Stir to incorporate.
- Taste the mixture and add more peppermint oil one drop at a time until you reach your preferred amount.
- Pour 3/4 of the white chocolate mix into a lined medium-sized container or square baking tray. Set the remaining mix aside.
- Add all dark chocolate layer ingredients to the same saucepan and melt on low until combined. Taste the mixture to see if it’s sweet enough and adjust as needed.
- Carefully pour melted dark chocolate layer over the top of the white chocolate layer to create a swirled pattern.
- Drizzle the remaining white chocolate over the top and use a knife to create a swirl pattern.
- Carefully place container in the fridge and allow it to set.
- When set, slice peppermint bark into 16 squares, or break into shards.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge or freezer.
Makes: Serves 16
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
- Calories: 140
- Fat: 13.4g
- Saturated Fat: 10.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Salt: 49mg
- Carbs: 4.8g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Sugar: 0.5g
- Sugar Alcohols: 0g
- Net Carbs: 2.7g
- Protein: 1g
- Vitamin D: 0mcg
- Calcium: 6mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 9mg
Want more recipes?
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter where deliciousness is delivered to your inbox every week!