By: Jordan Pie
Keto brookies recipe & content provided by Jordan Pie
Brookies: The perfect solution when you can’t decide what to make for dessert. Since this brownie-cookie hybrid fuses the two together, these recipe brings out the best of both worlds!
Traditional brookies use white flour and white sugar, which can make you feel foggy and inflamed. This recipe uses simple ingredients to create the same brookie flavor, all while staying paleo, gluten-free, and grain-free.
The brownie portion in these brookies makes a rich batter out of grass-fed butter (or ghee), cacao powder, sweetener, and eggs. If you like keto chocolate chip cookies, you’ll love this recipe because it uses many of the same ingredients. Customize it with chocolate chunks or raw chopped nuts — just like your favorite brownies and cookies.
Start to Finish: 40 minutes (10 minutes active)
- 7 tablespoons grass-fed butter, cubed (or use ghee), plus more for greasing
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 2 pastured eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granulated non-GMO erythritol or birch xylitol
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 3 tablespoons grass-fed butter or ghee
- 3 tablespoons pastured Collagen Protein
- Stevia or birch xylitol to taste
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pastured egg
- 1/2 teaspoon paleo baking powder
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and line a bread loaf pan.
- Add all brownie ingredients to a food processor and blitz until combined evenly.
- Scoop brownie mixture into the lined loaf pan.
- Quickly wash your food processor.
- Add all cookie ingredients into the food processor and blitz to combine.
- Scoop up blobs of the cookie dough mixture and press them gently and evenly into the top of the brownie batter mixture. Repeat until no cookie dough remains.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and cool fully before slicing and serving.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
- Calories: 191
- Total Fat: 14.6g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 44mg
- Sodium: 116mg
- Total Carbs: 7.4g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Sugars: 1.2g
- Sugar Alcohols: 3g
- Net Carbs: .7g
- Protein: 9.8g
- Vitamin D: 4mcg
- Calcium: 72mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 249mg
Note on ingredients: Except for coconut, all nuts are considered “suspect” on the Bulletproof Diet because of their high levels of omega-6 fats that can oxidize and contribute to inflammation. Nuts are also susceptible to mold and contain lectins, nutrient-sapping compounds that can be tough on your gut. Use nuts in moderation, or remove them from your diet and reintroduce in small amounts to test your sensitivity.
Want more recipes?
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter where deliciousness is delivered to your inbox every week!