Recipe & content provided by Jordan Pie
Some say that bacon is perfect as it is. Some say that chocolate is perfect as it is. So why not combine the two and see what kind of magic unfolds? This chocolate-covered bacon recipe yields a salty, sweet, crunchy, and completely delicious sensation on your taste buds!
You can even play around with the flavors and add a pinch or two of cayenne pepper or cinnamon on top.
- 5 slices pastured bacon
- 1 Bulletproof Original Milk-Style Chocolate Bar
- Himalayan pink salt (to taste and totally optional!)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- When the oven is hot, place the bacon pieces evenly onto the lined tray.
- Place the tray in the oven to cook and make sure you keep an eye on the bacon and check it every 5-10 minutes until you reach your desired crispiness.
- When the bacon is ready, remove it from the oven and carefully drain away the excess fat into a glass jar (keep this for your savory cooking). Pat the bacon slices with a paper towel if there is still excess fat.
- Add water to a saucepan (about 1/4 volume) and bring the water to a boil.
- Remove the pot from the stovetop to prevent further heating.
- Add a bowl to create a double boiler. Immediately add a bowl/double boiler to the saucepan leaving space between the bottom of the bowl and the water.
- Melt the chocolate no higher than 175°F. Stir the chocolate until melted, about 30-45 seconds. Remove the bowl from the double boiler.
- Pour the melted chocolate into a small cup or glass jar and begin to dip the bacon into the melted chocolate so they’re half covered.
- You can eat it straight away like this, or if you prefer, you can also place the chocolate-coated bacon onto a plate lined with baking paper and repeat the process for the rest of the bacon.
- Once all the bacon pieces are covered in chocolate, sprinkle with a touch salt, if desired, and place them in the fridge to allow the chocolate to harden.
- When they're ready, pull from the fridge and enjoy!
- Calories: 135
- Fat: 11 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Sugar Alcohols: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Net Carbs: 1 g
- Sodium: 137 mg
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!