37 Easy Backyard Camping Recipes for Your Next Staycation
By: Rebecca Paredes
There’s something magical about eating in the sunshine. When you’re spending 99% of your time at home, going on a picnic sounds like a dream. But if you have access to a backyard or balcony, you can still make the magic happen with these delicious outdoor-friendly recipes. Below, you’ll find our favorite backyard camping recipes for snacks, meals, drinks and desserts that are easy to pack, prepare and enjoy.
37 easy backyard camping recipes
- Keto Snack Plate with Arugula and Basil Pesto: Mix and match what you have in your fridge to prepare this snack plate. And save the included pesto recipe — it’s crazy-good.
- Crispy Paleo Tostones with Guacamole: Plantains are a starchy member of the banana family. Go for green plantains, which will hold their shape better when they’re cooked.
- Paleo Flatbread with Artichoke Dip: Riff on this paleo flatbread recipe with your favorite toppings. Slice into triangles for easy sharing (or not).
- Chilled Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus: Best eaten with your fingers under the warm afternoon sun.
- Easy Refrigerator Pickles: Crunchy, refreshing and totally easy to make at home, these pickles are going to become a refrigerator staple.
- Salmon Onigiri Rice Balls: Just a handful of ingredients come together to create a satisfying snack that you can fill with anything, from salmon to seaweed.
- Spinach Empanadas: Perfect for noshing while you’re sitting around a campfire (or a livestream of someone else’s campfire).
Pro tip: For a no-cook snack that satisfies and tastes like a creamy latte, grab a Café Latte Collagen Protein Bar. Travels well, whether you’re backyard camping or living room glamping.
Meaty main dishes
- Keto BLT Sandwich: We won’t tell if your Bacon-Lettuce-Tomato is more of a Bacon-Bacon-Lettuce-Tomato. Your backyard, your rules.
- Paleo Steak and Sweet Potato Bites: Have a steak-and-potatoes dinner, but make it bite-sized.
- Easy Slow Cooked Lamb Barbacoa: Is there ever a bad time to have a taco? Not when it’s filled with this tender, flavorful barbacoa.
- Hamburger Salad: It says “salad,” but this burger patty recipe plays nicely in a lettuce wrap or your favorite hamburger buns.
- Gluten-Free Avocado Pizza: Studies suggest pizza tastes better when it’s eaten outside. (That study is n=1, and I might be biased.)
- Low-Carb Dumpling Cabbage Wraps: Proof that lettuce cups are the unsung hero of low-carb campfire dinners.
Seafood main dishes
- Keto Halibut Ceviche: The flavor of tangy ceviche + warm sun on your skin = the stuff that dreams are made of.
- Low-Carb Bacon Pineapple Shrimp Skewers: Fast. Flavorful. And oh-so easy. These skewers were made for the great outdoors, even if it’s just your patio.
- Purple Sweet Potato Salmon Sushi Roll: Fill this roll with your favorite veg or protein, and enjoy it cold or at room temperature.
- Paleo Sweet Potato and Salmon Patties: Made with pantry-friendly staples like canned fish and long-lasting sweet potatoes, these patties taste even better with your favorite dip.
- Paleo Strawberry Cod Ceviche: Strawberries and fish? Believe it, friends. This is a dish best served cold.
- Campfire Smoked Salmon Breakfast Sandwich: A handful of ingredients create a satisfying sando that travels well, from fridge to backyard to tastebuds.
- Keto Muddled Strawberry Margarita: Fresh muddled strawberries, lime juice and no-sugar sweetener create a keto-friendly marg you’ll want to savor. (This one has tequila — find out how to minimize the effects of alcohol.)
- Gut-Friendly Mango, Orange and Vanilla Slushie: Real fruit, Collagen Protein Gut Health and a squeeze of lime juice create a tropical treat you’ll want to sip in the sun.
- Keto Frozen Lemonade Slushie: Lemon juice packs a dose of vitamin C, and stevia sweetens your slushie without sending you into a sugar coma afterward.
- Paleo Frozen Coffee: Save this recipe for those times when you can’t get a frappe (or don’t want to change out of your pajamas).
- Campfire Keto Coconut Chai: Coconut powder (or milk) adds a creamy, dreamy dimension to cozy chai tea.
- Matcha Soda: Perfect for warm days when you don’t want to choose between a refreshing soda and the smooth taste of matcha tea.
- Mint Mojito Iced Bulletproof Coffee: Perk up your brew with this refreshingly minty riff on iced coffee.
- Keto Red, White and Blue Parfaits: Combine Vanilla Shortbread Collagen Protein Bars, berries and coconut milk for an easy, yet festive Memorial Day treat.
- Magical Frozen Fudge Pops: Thanks to vanilla and no-sugar sweetener, these pops contain just 2 grams of sugar. Magic!
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Coconut Cupcakes: Quality fats and coconut flour make these cupcakes both fluffy and satisfying.
- Deconstructed Gluten-Free Tiramisu: Coffee, meet dessert. Prep individual servings of this easy deconstructed tiramisu with Cafe Latte bars.
- Keto Texas Sheet Cake with Chocolate Avocado Frosting: The best parts of a fluffy chocolate cake, but with keto-friendly ingredients that turn “staying in” into “staying on track.”
- Keto Berry Sorbet: Four ingredients. One satisfying sorbet. It’s low in sugar, but sure to satisfy your tastebuds.
- Minty Vanilla Blueberry Popsicles: Pack this summertime treat with antioxidant-rich berries and fresh mint.
- Sugar-Free Lemon Curd Mini Tarts: The sweet, sunny flavor of lemon curd meets a vanilla-infused crust made from crumbled collagen bars.
- Keto Lemon Bars: Basically sunshine in a bar. These lemon bars use just six ingredients to create a low-sugar, keto-friendly dessert.
- Paleo Mixed Berry Cobbler: Think of a cobbler as an easier, deconstructed, yet still delicious version of a pie — and this paleo riff is packed with collagen and quality fats.
Want more recipes?
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter where deliciousness is delivered to your inbox every week!