Keto Halibut Ceviche
Halibut ceviche recipe & content provided by Veronica Culver, The Enchanted Cook
If you like raw fish dishes like sushi or poke, you’ll love this zero-carb halibut ceviche. It’s a great starter recipe for anyone new to preparing raw fish, and it easy to customize it to your taste and diet.
While this ceviche recipe features halibut, you can use most mild-flavored fish or seafood. Choose sushi-grade fish if you want to eat it right away, because it will be more on the raw side. Alternatively, you can let your ceviche marinate in the refrigerator for a few hours so it can “cook” in the fresh lime juice. If you’re unsure what fish or seafood to select, try asking the fishmonger at your local grocery or farmer’s market for ideas.
Related: Strawberry Cod Ceviche
You can also choose whatever a variety of veggies, herbs and/or fruits to make this halibut ceviche your own. On the more traditional side, you can add tomato, onion, or serrano peppers mixed in. I like to incorporate more fats and drizzle oil on my ceviche, but it’s totally optional.
This halibut ceviche not only has zero net carbs, it also uses ingredients exclusively in the “green zone” of the Bulletproof Diet Roadmap. Enjoy this quick and clean ceviche!
Keto Halibut Ceviche
Start to Finish: 5- 10 minutes
- 8 ounces fresh wild-caught halibut, cubed (preferably sushi grade)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons Brain Octane Oil
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- 1 small avocado, cubed
- 1 organic green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh organic cilantro
- Optional: 2 tablespoons diced quick-pickled radishes (recipe)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lime juice, Brain Octane Oil, and salt.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and gently toss.
- Divide into 2 portions. Serve immediately if using sushi grade fish suitable to eat raw. Otherwise, cover and refrigerate for a few hours to allow the lime juice to penetrate the fish and “cook” it.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
- Calories: 198
- Protein: 20g
- Carbs: 2g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 0g
- Sugar Alcohol: 0g
- Net Carbs: 0g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated: 1g
- Monounsaturated: 4g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Salt: 5mg
- Potassium: 197 mg
- Vitamin A: 2%
- Vitamin C: 22%
- Calcium: 1%
- Iron: 2%
Let's Get Cookin'!
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!