By: Jordan Pie
Recipe & photography by Jordan Pie
Want a quick and easy way to spruce up your soda or sparkling water? Try this matcha soda drink. It’s made with matcha tea powder and soda or sparkling water for a bubbly and refreshing drink. You only need a few minutes to create this drink and it’s absolutely perfect for warm days when you don’t feel like sipping hot matcha tea.
The trick to a good matcha drink is the matcha powder. Matcha powder is one of those ingredients that you should spend a little bit extra on and get a high quality brand because it can vary hugely in quality. Generally, the lighter-colored matcha powders are better quality and always choose an organic brand so you’re getting the cleanest matcha and the best taste.
Start to Finish: 5 minutes
- 1 cup soda or sparkling water
- 1 tsp ceremonial grade organic matcha powder
- 2 Tbsp filtered water
Optional Add-Ins For Flavor
- 4-8 drops liquid stevia (or to taste)
- Juice of ½ lemon or lime
- 4-6 fresh, mint leaves
- A few slices of fresh cucumber
- Whisk the matcha powder and water together in a small bowl using a matcha whisk.
- Add all of your chosen ingredients into a glass to taste, and stir to combine.
- Sip and enjoy.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 10
- Salt: 240mg
- Carbs: 2.5g
- Sugar: 0.5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 0g
- Vitamin D: 0mcg
- Calcium: 0mg
- Iron: 0mg
- Potassium: 55mg
Let's Get Cookin'!
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!