14 Keto Campfire Recipes for Peak Adventure Energy
What is a campfire recipe? It’s a meal cooked over an open flame in the great outdoors. (Backyard camping and using your grill counts, too!) On the keto diet, you want high-fat, lower-carb foods that help support lasting energy and keep you in ketosis. Below, you’ll find our top selections for keto campfire recipes. They’re simple to put together, travel well and taste amazing — aka everything you need to enjoy a delicious meal al fresco.
Keto camping recipes for your next campout
- Fluffy Almond Flour Paleo Pancakes: Make the batter ahead of time for fast-and-easy campfire breakfasts.
- Smoked Salmon and Garlic Spinach Breakfast Sandwich: Thanks to powdered eggs, these sandwiches travel light. (But if you’re backyard camping, feel free to use regular eggs.)
- Low-Carb Cabbage Dumpling Wraps: By using pre-cooked meatballs, this recipe comes together in a flash and features a flavorful finishing sauce for extra umami goodness.
- Fluffy Keto Buns: When your burger needs a pillowy-soft roll, these keto buns deliver with just 6.1 grams of net carbs.
- Keto Hamburger Salad: Enjoy these flavorful patties with the Fluffy Keto Buns above, or enjoy them in a salad with arugula and avocado.
- Keto Halibut Ceviche: Keep this no-cook dish cold until you’re ready to serve, and enjoy it with jicama chips or lettuce wraps.
- Keto BLT Sandwich: Crisp up bacon on a skillet and you’re halfway to a satisfying keto-friendly BLT.
Salads and keto camping snacks
- Campfire Keto Coconut Chai: Deceptively simple, totally delicious. This chai recipe elevates standard bagged tea into a cozy experience.
- Adaptogenic Turmeric Latte: Sip this soothing golden tea before bed — all you need is a saucepan, coconut milk and spices.
Oh, and here’s a winning recipe: Bulletproof Coffee Cold Brew. Having coffee around the campfire doesn’t have to be complicated. Just grab a creamy Cold Brew and say hello to quality fats with just 6 grams of net carbs.
Read next: 37 Easy Backyard Camping Recipes for Your Next Staycation
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!