Fluffy Keto Buns
Keto buns recipe & content provided by Sheridan Austin
Sure, hamburger salad tastes delicious without the bread — but when you crave a pillowy-soft roll, this recipe for keto buns is ready for patties, pulled meat, or a simple schmear of grass-fed butter.
Related: Rosemary Keto Bagels
These keto hamburger buns taste just like the real thing — all with no gluten, grains, or nuts. What’s the secret? Psyllium husk! This fiber-rich supplement helps these keto buns rise and allows the dough to stretch without gluten-filled white flour. With added rise from baking powder and beaten egg whites, these buns are perfectly chewy and fluffy. Since psyllium husk can be harsh on your gut, these rolls are best enjoyed in moderation. However, when you’re stuck in a rut between wraps and salads, this recipe is a delicious change in routine.
Just like with regular rolls, you can use these keto hamburger buns beyond burger night: Use them as a sandwich base with homemade mayo, a base for shredded meat, or a dinner roll where you would normally serve a side of bread.
Fluffy Keto Buns
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons ground psyllium husks
- 4 egg whites
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon paleo baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With a hand mixer or whisk, beat the egg whites until they form a foam with stiff peaks. Set aside.
- Mix all remaining ingredients in a separate bowl. Gently fold in the egg whites.
- Form four thick, evenly sized rolls from your dough and place on the baking sheet. (Thickness is important so buns don’t flatten.)
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until cooked all the way through. If you cut one open and it still is moist, place them (even the one you have cut open) back in the oven for a few more minutes.
- Remove from your oven and serve warm.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 120
- Fat: 3.1g
- Salt: 121mg
- Carbs: 23.4g
- Fiber: 17.3gg
- Sugar: 0.3g
- Net Carbs: 6.1g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 105mg
- Potassium: 203mg
- Vitamin D: 9mcg
- Calcium: 80mg
- Iron: 1mg
Want more recipes?
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter where deliciousness is delivered to your inbox every week!