How to Get Your Diet Back on Track
Okay, so you had big plans to eat a squeaky-clean diet and stay active over the holidays. But between the stress of travel, the allure of sweets and the spirit of celebration, you fell off the wagon. It happens. You’re human.
The great thing about nutrition is that it’s a journey, not a destination. That means you’re never really “off track” — every choice, every step and every bite helps paint the larger portrait of your health. Being Bulletproof isn’t about being perfect. It’s about taking simple steps every day to feel strong, energized and awesome.
Here’s how to make it happen.
How to get back on track
1. Don’t beat yourself up
Eating a cookie does not make you a bad person. You aren’t going to gain tons of body fat just because you had too much sugar. And unless you have a food allergy or sensitivity, a little dairy isn’t the end of the world.
Moderation is key here — it’s all too common for people to let one bite of “bad” food lead to a night of binging. If you eat foods you normally limit or avoid, pay attention to how you feel. You might feel a little sluggish, bloated or foggy. Your digestion might not be at its best. But your body is a powerful regulator, and once you return to your regular diet, it all balances out. When you think about it, that’s pretty amazing.
- Binged on sugar cookies and holiday sweets? Discover what to do when you’ve had too much sugar.
- Find out how to hack your hangover and recover after a night of drinking.
- If you’re dealing with gas and bloating, here’s why activated coconut charcoal can help you feel better fast.
- Learn what to eat (and what to limit) to feel strong, not hungry with the free Bulletproof Diet Roadmap.
2. Take care of yourself
If you’ve ever turned to comfort food after a long day, you know exactly how stress can impact your health and wellness goals. It’s easy to stay on top of your diet when life is easy — but it’s way more difficult when you’re stressed and sleep deprived.
Nutrition is a huge part of taking care of yourself, but sleep quality, stress and exercise play a role, too. Here’s how to make sure you’re covering all your bases:
- Get science-backed tips to boost your sleep quality and wake up feeling refreshed.
- Balance stress and anxiety with these mood-boosting supplements.
- Relax with this meditative guided yoga nidra routine.
- Find out how nootropics (not booze) can help you unwind.
- If your digestion is out of whack, this poop chart can point you in the right direction.
3. Plan ahead
You absolutely should enjoy every holiday party, dinner with family and late nights with friends. Meaningful relationships and quality experiences are part of a healthy lifestyle, too. But if you want to cover your bases, you can plan ahead to make sure you’re eating nourishing meals, supporting your sleep quality and showing up at peak performance day in and day out.
- Too busy to cook during the week? Add meal prepping to your routine to make sure you’re eating balanced, whole foods.
- Learn how to support your body’s circadian rhythm — even when your bedtime routine is out of whack.
- Build a strong foundation for nutrition with these 10 supplements that almost everyone should take.
- Up your snack game with these 17 keto snacks that are also Bulletproof.
4. Don’t fall for fad diets
Spoiler: Fad diets fail because they leave you feeling deprived, not fueled. Don’t fall for fad diets that promise to “slim your waist” and “accelerate your metabolism” with low-fat, zero-flavor hacks. Depriving yourself of nourishing foods and nutrients isn’t sustainable, and it isn’t fun. That’s why the Bulletproof Diet emphasizes quality fats and whole food nutrition. You’ll feel full, satisfied and focused — not hangry. Here’s how to get started.
- What is the Bulletproof Diet? Get the answers all in one place.
- Learn the basics of the ketogenic diet (and why the Bulletproof Diet isn’t afraid of carbs).
- Do metabolism pills really work? Here’s what the science says about metabolism boosters.
- What’s the difference between the Bulletproof Diet, Paleo diet, ketogenic diet and Whole30? We have answers.
5. Keep moving forward
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to nutrition, nor should there be. Everyone is different, and every single body has different needs based on genetics, activity levels, diet and lifestyle. That’s great. That also means that you should find what works for you and what makes you feel amazing. That might mean you follow a ketogenic diet. Maybe you’re Paleo. Maybe you’re Whole30, but also follow the Bulletproof Diet.
If you’ve “fallen off” your diet, it’s never too late to get back into a routine that helps you feel energized and live a more healthful lifestyle. You’re being Bulletproof, and we’ve got your back every step of the way. Just follow Bulletproof on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Share your journey on social media with the hashtag #BeBulletproof and tell us how you’re living your best life.
Sign up for early access to sales, product launches, the latest Bulletproof news and more!