Does Bulletproof Coffee Break Your Intermittent Fast?
- Bulletproof Coffee is the cheat code that works with intermittent fasting and makes it easier.
- This creamy, delicious beverage allows you to reap the benefits of fasting, without getting hangry.
- Bulletproof Coffee curbs cravings, boosts energy and supports ketone production, so you feel energized and focused during your fast.
- How does it work? Here’s everything you need to know, plus tips to boost your results.
If you’ve done your research, you know that intermittent fasting can improve your focus, lower inflammation and reduce your risk of disease. When you intermittent fast, you cycle in and out of periods of eating and not eating.
The problem is that skipping meals isn’t fun. Fortunately, drinking a cup of creamy Bulletproof Coffee can make your fast easier. It can even help you burn fat and have more energy. But does it break your fast?
Learn how Bulletproof Coffee works with intermittent fasting.
See the benefits
Does Bulletproof Coffee break an intermittent fast?
Nope — that’s the simple answer.
The technical definition of “fasting” describes not consuming a single calorie. When your body isn’t burdened with the task of digestion all day every day, it has a chance to carry out cleaning and repair processes that make you healthier. This cleanup and repair process is called autophagy. Depending on your diet, intermittent fasting can also put you in a fat-burning state called ketosis. Learn more about the benefits of intermittent fasting.
The good news is that there’s no scientific reason to completely restrict calories to reap the benefits of intermittent fasting. If you only consume fat (no protein or carbs) during your fast, you won’t interrupt autophagy. You’ll also stay in the fat-burning state of ketosis.
Like ketosis, fasting works because it keeps insulin levels low enough to keep your body in a fat-burning state. Fats like butter and coconut oil don’t cause insulin levels to rise. However, carbs and protein do require insulin in order to be digested.
Here’s a quick rundown on how this works:
- When you fast, your body cleans up shop via a process called autophagy. Intermittent fasting may also put your body in ketosis.
- Bulletproof Coffee keeps you satisfied and full without switching on digestion, so you can stay in a fasted state longer.
- When you do eat, following a keto-style diet like the Bulletproof Diet to reap more of the brain-boosting, fat-burning benefits of ketosis.
Bulletproof Coffee makes intermittent fasting easier
Bulletproof Coffee isn’t like a regular cup of joe with cream. It’s made with clean ground coffee, grass-fed butter or ghee and Brain Octane MCT oil. It makes intermittent fasting easier in two ways:
- It lets you splurge on a cup of satisfying, creamy goodness that relieves the “hangries” you get in with plain intermittent fasting.
- Bulletproof Coffee is full of high-quality fats that keep you in the fat-burning state of ketosis and boost ketone production (more details below).
Wake up to the quality fats in Bulletproof Coffee before your morning hunger cravings kick in. You’ll have the power to resist the muffin or energy drink that would completely blow your fast. You’ll also feel energized, with the willpower to extend your fasting period a little longer. The majority of intermittent fasting’s benefits come from autophagy, so an extra hour or two makes a big difference.
The bottom line: The high-quality fats in Bulletproof Coffee supercharge your intermittent fasting two ways: by curbing cravings and extending the fat-burning state of ketosis.
Related: Read how MCT oils supercharge ketosis in the Ultimate Guide to MCT Oil and MCT Supplements
Benefits of intermittent fasting with Bulletproof Coffee
Besides helping to fill you up and stay in a fat-burning state, Bulletproof Coffee delivers some big benefits:
- Suppresses your hunger hormones: When you’re in ketosis, your body burns fat for fuel and produces ketones. Ketones suppress ghrelin — your hunger hormone — and increase cholecystokinin (CCK), which can make you feel full.
- Stabilizes blood sugar: Carbs and protein require insulin in order to be metabolized, so coffee with milk and sugar first thing in the morning will cause your insulin to spike. After the spike, your blood sugar will fall, leaving you dragging before lunchtime. Eating mostly fats and protein, like those you get in Bulletproof Coffee, keeps insulin levels low and stable.
- Helps you produce more ketones, faster: Bulletproof Coffee also contains Brain Octane MCT oil. Brain Octane oil is a high-quality MCT oil that gives you quick energy and helps your body produce ketones up to four times faster than coconut oil alone. Faster production of ketones gets you in ketosis faster and keeps you there longer.
- Boosts your workout results: Researchers have found that when your mTOR (Mammalian Target of Rapamycin) levels are suppressed, they bounce back up, which triggers muscle-building activity. Intermittent fasting, exercise and coffee all suppress mTOR. When you combine all three, you may see more muscle-building results from your workouts.
- Cranks up your metabolism: Coffee speeds up your metabolism, and a faster metabolism helps you burn more calories and sustain more energy throughout the day. How? Coffee’s thermogenic effects create more heat in your body.
The bottom line: The quality fats in Bulletproof Coffee suppress hunger, stabilize your blood sugar and produce more ketones, faster. Coffee boosts your metabolism and can help you build more muscle from your workouts.
Whether you’re new to intermittent fasting or a fasting pro, experiment with Bulletproof Coffee for breakfast. It helps people curb cravings, extend their fast, stay in ketosis and burn more fat. Get the official recipe for Bulletproof Coffee.
If you want to really amp up the weight management results of intermittent fasting with Bulletproof Coffee, read about the benefits of Bulletproof Intermittent Fasting. Or enter your email below and subscribe to the Bulletproof email list. It’s the easiest way to get health and wellness tips delivered straight to your inbox!
Join over 1 million fans
Sign-up for the Bulletproof mailing list and receive the latest news and updates!