Does Bulletproof Coffee Break Your Intermittent Fast?
- Bulletproof Coffee helps you reap many of the benefits of fasting, without getting hangry.
- This creamy, delicious beverage curbs cravings, boosts energy levels and supports ketone production, so you feel energized and focused.
- How does it work? Find out how Bulletproof Coffee and intermittent fasting complement each other.
If you’ve done your research, you know that intermittent fasting can improve your focus, lower inflammation and reduce your risk of disease.
When you intermittent fast, you cycle in and out of periods of eating and not eating. But what about Bulletproof Coffee? This creamy, delicious beverage can help you burn fat, have more energy and stay in ketosis. Here’s how Bulletproof Coffee and intermittent fasting go hand-in-hand.
Does Bulletproof Coffee break an intermittent fast?
Technically, “fasting” means you don’t consume any calories. When your body isn’t burdened with the task of digestion all day every day, it has a chance to carry out cleaning and repair processes that make you healthier.
The good news is that you can still gain some of the health benefits of intermittent fasting, even if you’re not completely restricting calories. If you only consume fat during your fasting period, you interrupt autophagy less than if you consume protein or carbohydrates.
Enter: Bulletproof Coffee. Also known as butter coffee, this beverage is made with quality fats from grass-fed butter or ghee and Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil. Increasing medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), like those in Bulletproof Coffee, has been found to support autophagy in mice.
Drinking Bulletproof Coffee also keeps you in the fat-burning state of ketosis. (That’s why some people call it keto coffee!) Like ketosis, one of the ways fasting works is because it keeps insulin levels low enough to keep your body in a fat-burning state. Carbs and protein require insulin in order to be digested. However, fats like butter, coconut oil and MCT oil don’t cause insulin levels to rise.
- During your fasting window, your body cleans up shop via a process called autophagy. Intermittent fasting may also put your body in ketosis.
- Bulletproof Coffee keeps you satisfied and full without switching on digestion.
- During your eating window, follow a high-fat, low-carb ketogenic diet to reap more of the brain-boosting, fat-burning benefits of ketosis.
Bulletproof Coffee makes managing your hunger easier
Bulletproof Coffee isn’t like a regular morning coffee with cream. When you combine black coffee and quality fats, it makes managing your hunger easier in two ways:
- You enjoy a satisfying, creamy cup of coffee that drinks like a latte and relieves the “hangries.”
- Bulletproof Coffee is full of high-quality fats that keep you in the fat-burning state of ketosis and boost ketone production (more details below).
Wake up to the quality fats in Bulletproof Coffee before your hunger cravings kick in. You’ll have the power to resist reaching for that mid-morning muffin or energy drink. You’ll also feel energized, with the vitality to make the most of your day.
Essentially, the high-quality fats in Bulletproof Coffee supercharge you in two ways: by curbing cravings and extending the fat-burning state of ketosis.
Benefits of Bulletproof Coffee
Besides helping to fill you up and stay in ketosis, Bulletproof Coffee delivers some big benefits:
- Suppresses your hunger hormones: When you’re in ketosis, your body burns fat for fuel and produces ketones. Ketones suppress ghrelin, your hunger hormone, and increase cholecystokinin (CCK), which can make you feel full.
- Stabilizes blood sugar: Carbs and protein require insulin in order to be metabolized. If you drink coffee with milk and sweeteners first thing in the morning, it will cause your insulin to spike. After the spike, your blood sugar will fall, leaving you dragging before lunchtime. Eating mostly fats, like those you get in Bulletproof Coffee, keeps insulin levels low and stable.
- Helps you produce more ketones, faster: Bulletproof Coffee also contains Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil. This high-quality MCT oil gives you quick energy and helps your body produce four times more ketones than coconut oil alone.
- Boosts your workout results: Researchers have found that when your mTOR (Mammalian Target of Rapamycin) levels are suppressed, they bounce back up, which triggers muscle-building activity. Intermittent fasting, exercise and coffee all suppress mTOR. When you combine all three, you may see more muscle-building results from your workouts.
- Cranks up your metabolism: Coffee speeds up your metabolism, and a faster metabolism helps you burn more calories and sustain more energy throughout the day. How? Coffee’s thermogenic effects create more heat in your body.
The bottom line: The quality fats in Bulletproof Coffee suppress hunger, stabilize your blood sugar and produce more ketone energy. Coffee boosts your metabolism and can help you build more muscle from your workouts. And clean coffee beans, like what you get from Bulletproof, brew up a cup of coffee that tastes as good as it makes you feel.
So, experiment with Bulletproof Coffee for breakfast. It helps people curb cravings, stay in ketosis and burn more fat. Get the official Bulletproof Coffee recipe. Want to make Bulletproof Coffee even it even easier with a scoop of Bulletproof Original Creamer. Just froth, sip and go.
Sign up for early access to sales, product launches, the latest Bulletproof news and more!