Keto Iced Matcha Latte
By: Jordan Pie
Matcha latte recipe & content provided by Jordan Pie
You only need a few minutes in the blender to create this sweet and creamy matcha latte — perfect for warm days when you don’t feel like sipping hot tea. And when you incorporate the matcha powder with quality fats and protein, every sip is more nourishing than the last.
The trick to a good matcha tea latte is a high-quality matcha powder. Matcha powder is one of those ingredients that you should spend a little bit extra on and get the good brand because it varies in quality.
Generally, lighter-colored matcha is better quality. Stay away from matcha that looks olive or slightly brownish in color. Always choose an organic brand so you’re getting the cleanest matcha latte and the best taste.
Related: Adaptogenic Bulletproof Coffee
While optional, you can also “spike” your matcha tea latte with adaptogenic herbs. Adaptogens are a unique group of herbal ingredients that can be used to improve and help strengthen the body’s response to stress, anxiety, and fatigue in a gentle way.
For this matcha latte, I’ve added a small amount of ashwagandha because research shows that it carries neuroprotective, anti-anxiety, antidepressant and anti-inflammatory properties. However, this matcha tea latte can pair many other adaptogens since matcha’s sweet flavor can mask their bitterness.
Keto Iced Matcha Latte
Start to Finish: 2 minutes
- 1 teaspoon high quality matcha powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Brain Octane Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia powder (or preferred sweetener to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon Collagen Protein
- 150g (or 1 cup) coconut milk, frozen into ice cubes
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon ashwagandha or adaptogenic herb of choice (optional)
- Add all ingredients except collagen powder to a high-powered blender. Blitz until well-combined and completely smooth.
- Taste and adjust the sweetness if needed.
- Add the collagen lightly blend until just incorporated to avoid damaging proteins.
- Pour over ice and enjoy immediately.
Makes: Serves 1
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
- Calories: 389
- Fat: 32g
- Saturated Fat: 28g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Salt: 71mg
- Carbs: 7.8g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 0.5g
- Sugar Alcohols: 0g
- Net Carbs: 4.8g
- Protein: 24g
- Calcium: 27mg
- Iron: 6mg
- Potassium: 417mg
Want more recipes?
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter where deliciousness is delivered to your inbox every week!