Paleo Keto Cinnamon Rolls
Keto cinnamon rolls recipe and content provided by Sheridan Austin
These keto cinnamon rolls are a miracle in a pan. Not only do they contain no sugar, gluten, or grains, they are also paleo-friendly and easy to make!
Related: Chocolate Cinnamon Keto Donuts
You may have seen recipes for keto cinnamon rolls before, but nothing like these. Many keto cinnamon rolls use “fat head dough,” which includes inflammatory ingredients like microwaved cheese to make a fluffy base. Other keto cinnamon roll recipes omit the dairy, but add toxin-rich ingredients like yeast to capture the same effects. This recipe achieves the impossible: High-fat keto cinnamon rolls with rich taste and totally paleo ingredients.
With a rich dough made out of macadamia nuts and ghee (plus a creamy coconut glaze), these keto cinnamon rolls don’t skimp on fat — in fact, you’ll be surprised at how satisfied you feel after just one. Serve them up with breakfast favorites like keto oatmeal or breakfast pizza for a low-carb meal to satisfy all your cravings.
Paleo Keto Cinnamon Rolls
Start to Finish: 45 minutes
Cinnamon roll ingredients:
- 2 cups macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons ground psyllium husks
- 8 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed ghee
- 3 tablespoons monk fruit sweetened erythritol (such as Lakanto), or birch xylitol
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 3 teaspoons Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paleo baking powder
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 batch of Keto Caramel Sauce, chilled
- 4 tablespoons coconut cream
- 2 tablespoon grass-fed ghee, melted
- 2 teaspoons birch xylitol or erythritol
- In a food processor or blender, grind macadamia nuts into a fine texture (just before they become too buttery). If they do become buttery, the cinnamon rolls will still bake but will not become very fluffy.
- Combine all cinnamon roll ingredients except for caramel sauce, then place in the refrigerator to chill for one hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment.
- On a parchment-lined surface, roll out dough with your hands and form a large rectangle.
- With the back of a spoon, gently spread out the Keto Caramel Sauce over the batter, spreading as close to the edges as you can.
- Gently roll from the dough into a log and seal the edge.
- Warm a sharp knife under warm water and slice the log into 10-12 rolls.
- Place rolls on your lined tray and bake for 25-30 minutes, checking after about 20 minutes for doneness.
- While cinnamon rolls bake, prepare the glaze. Blend all ingredients in a mixing bowl or blender until combined.
- Remove keto cinnamon rolls from the oven. Allow to cool before glazing, or serve warm with glaze drizzled on top. Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
- Calories: 477
- Total Fat: 45.6g
- Sodium: 127mg
- Carbohydrates: 17.1g
- Dietary Fiber: 7.1g
- Total Sugars: 2.3g
- Sugar Alcohols: 5g
- Net Carbs: 5g
- Protein: 5.6g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Potassium: 163mg
- Vitamin D: 5mcg
- Calcium: 52mg
- Iron: 1mg
Note on ingredients: Except for coconut, all nuts are considered “suspect” on the Bulletproof Diet because of their high levels of omega-6 fats that can oxidize and contribute to inflammation. Nuts are also susceptible to mold and contain lectins, nutrient-sapping compounds that can be tough on your gut. Use nuts in moderation, or remove them from your diet and reintroduce in small amounts to test your sensitivity. Psyllium husk can be harsh on your stomach, so enjoy in moderation.
Want more recipes?
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter where deliciousness is delivered to your inbox every week!