Keto Iced Coffee Protein Shake
Iced Coffee Protein Shake recipe & content provided by Bare Nutrition Health
There is nothing better then waking up ready to tackle the day, but sometimes we all need a little extra boost from that morning cup of coffee. Unfortunately, most coffee shops use ingredients that make you feel foggy and load your mug with added sugar. This iced coffee protein shake not only delivers an extra jolt of energy, but also packs in protein, healthy fats and fiber to keep you satisfied all morning long!
A coffee shake also makes a great afternoon pick-me up to get you through a long day. The combination of mood-lifting, antioxidant-rich ingredients will keep cravings at bay and blood sugar stable so you can keep afternoon blues at bay.
Related: Keto Green Lemon Smoothie
The key to making your iced coffee protein shake extra creamy is the cold-brew coffee cubes and avocado (no fructose-filled fruit needed here). For best consistency, you need to freeze your cold brew and avocado for at least 12 hours. To make cold brew cubes, simply pour coffee in a metal ice cube tray and freeze. To freeze avocado, lightly mash it and add to a BPA-free freezer bag. Remove all the air from the bag and store flat in the freezer, then break off chunks into your blender. Happy blending!
Iced Coffee Protein Shake
Start to Finish: 10 minutes
- 1/2 avocado (or 1/4 large avocado), frozen with skin and pit removed
- 4 ounces unsweetened Coffee Cold Brew, frozen into cubes
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or full-fat coconut milk (BPA-free)
- 1 scoop Vanilla Collagen Protein
- 1/2 tablespoon Brain Octane Oil
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup ice (in addition to cold brew cubes)
- Optional: Cacao nibs and additional cinnamon to garnish, liquid stevia to taste
- In a blender, add all ingredients except protein powder and blend, starting on a low speed and working your way up.
- When mixture has blended, add protein powder and blend on the lowest setting until just incorporated to avoid damaging delicate proteins.
- Garnish, if desired, and serve.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
- Calories: 288
- Protein: 16.5g
- Total Carbs: 15.9g
- Fiber: 10.4g
- Sugars: .5g
- Net Carbs: 5.5g
- Total Fat: 19.4g
- Saturated Fat: 9.5g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: >1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3.5g
- Sodium: 255mg
- Potassium: 308.2mg
- Vitamin A: 13.5%
- Vitamin C: 6%
- Calcium: 65.3%
- Iron: 19.7%
Want more recipes?
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter where deliciousness is delivered to your inbox every week!