Keto Peppermint Mocha
By: Jordan Pie
Peppermint mocha recipe & content provided by Jordan Pie
Peppermint mochas… this time of year you can find them everywhere from McDonald’s to Starbucks. However, they’re not exactly the healthiest way to start your day. More often than not, they are filled with refined sugar and processed ingredients instead of the protein and healthy fats you need to keep you going all morning.
Unlike the sugary and dairy-filled peppermint mochas you can get from a drive-through, this warming recipe delivers all the chocolatey, caffeinated, minty goodness using nourishing and natural ingredients. This mocha incorporates healthy fats from Brain Octane Oil and coconut milk, plus a whopping 18 grams of protein from collagen peptides — no sugar crash here.
You can also serve this peppermint mocha cold: Just blend all the ingredients together in your blender, then add ice and blitz again until the ice is melted or until it takes on the consistency of an iced coffee. You might need a little extra coffee or cacao to carry the flavor farther after adding ice.
Serve your peppermint mocha with keto holiday treats like sugar cookies or white chocolate cranberry cookies for a totally decadent treat you won’t believe is low-carb!
Keto Peppermint Mocha
Start to Finish: 10 minutes
- 1 cup of strongly brewed coffee made from mold-free beans
- 1/4 cup full-fat canned coconut milk (BPA-free)
- 1/2 – 1 tablespoon unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 scoop collagen peptides
- 1/2 tablespoon Brain Octane Oil
- 1/2 tablespoon grass-fed butter or ghee
- 1-2 drops of food-grade peppermint essential oil
- Optional: 4-6 drops of liquid stevia or 2-3 teaspoons of granulated erythritol
- Add all ingredients except collagen to a small saucepan and heat until roughly 175 degrees.
- Pour the mixture into a high-powered blender with the collagen and blitz until frothy and creamy.
- Pour into a large mug and enjoy immediately.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
- Calories: 367
- Total Fat: 28g
- Saturated Fat: 23.7g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 155mg
- Total Carbs: 9g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 2g
- Sugar Alcohols: 0g
- Net Carbs: 6g
- Protein: 18.3g
- Calcium: 34mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 324mg
Want more recipes?
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter where deliciousness is delivered to your inbox every week!