Keto Chocolate Noatmeal
Chocolate noatmeal recipe & content provided by Ryan Carter, Livevitae
This oat-free keto “noatmeal” recipe is the perfect grain-free alternative to the typical standard breakfast. If you want to kickstart your day with sustained energy, this is the recipe for you. Noatmeal is packed with essential nutrients, antioxidants, protein, and healthy fats to keep you fueled and focused.
Cauliflower is the star vegetable of the keto diet. You can transform it into rice, smoothies, pizza — and even oatmeal! Instead of using oats, cauliflower makes the perfect noatmeal base. You get a similar texture, neutral flavor, more vitamins, and less sugar.
To capture the same thickness and texture of oatmeal, this noatmeal recipe cooks down the cauliflower rice with full-fat coconut milk and uses natural thickeners like whole eggs. Sweeten with a low-glycemic sweetener like stevia, xylitol, or MitoSweet, and you get a creamy breakfast without the added carbs.
Keto Chocolate Noatmeal
Start to Finish: 15 minutes
- 1 medium head of cauliflower (equalling 2 1/2 cups of cauliflower rice)
- 1 tablespoon Brain Octane Oil
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk (BPA-free)
- 4 pasture raised whole eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 scoop collagen peptides
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 scoop MitoSweet
- 1 teaspoon – 1 tablespoon stevia, raw honey, or sweetener of choice to taste
- Seasonal berries, cacao nibs, or unsweetened coconut to garnish (optional)
- If using whole cauliflower, chop into florets and blend in a blender or food processor until it creates a rice-like consistency.
- In a wide saucepan on medium heat, add the coconut milk and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add cauliflower rice and stir until combined. Reduce heat to low and allow cauliflower to thicken for 4 minutes.
- Fold beaten eggs into the pan with the cacao powder, collagen powder, MitoSweet, salt and sweetener of choice.
- Stir gently once and allow the eggs to cook through and thicken noatmeal. Stir once more before serving in bowls.
- Top with the cacao nibs, coconut, and seasonal berries.
Nutritional Information (Per serving):
- Calories: 464.9
- Protein: 22.1g
- Total Carbs: 18g
- Fiber: 5.3g
- Sugars: 8.9g
- Sugar Alcohols: 3g
- Net Carbs: 9.7g
- Total Fat: 41.2g
- Saturated Fat: 31.2g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4.6g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 372mg
- Sodium: 194.5mg
- Potassium: 486.6mg
- Vitamin A: 544.6mg
- Calcium: 91.8mg
- Vitamin C: 65.5mg
- Iron: 3.7mg
- Zinc: 2mg
Note on ingredients: Cauliflower can be moderately high in oxalates — a type of antinutrient that can cause muscle pain, kidney stones, or thyroid imbalances. To reduce oxalates, steam cauliflower rice separately and drain the cooking water before incorporating in this recipe.
Want more recipes?
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter where deliciousness is delivered to your inbox every week!