Slow Cooker Pot Roast and Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Bring on the beef with this perfect-for-winter pot roast recipe. With 26 grams of protein per serving, grass-fed beef is one of the best sources of protein on the Bulletproof Diet. To make sure you’re getting 100% grass-fed meat, request grass-fed and grass-finished when you purchase. Animals are often grain-fed for 30 days before slaughter to fatten them up, which removes their health benefits.
Brussels sprouts pack a powerful punch — high in potassium, folate, vitamin C, calcium, fiber, and iron. They’re low in calories as well as carbs, and have a low toxin load. Like all cruciferous vegetables though, they’re not adequate raw. This is due to the antinutrient called oxalates, which inhibits nutrient absorption and can wreak havoc if you’re prone to kidney stones. However, cooking these veggies does cut down on oxalates, so it’s best to eat them that way. Oh, and by the way, all of that grass-fed butter the recipe calls for…that’s good for you and tasty too.
Keep in mind, you’ll need a slow cooker for this recipe, which is on the Suspect list due to the fact that people tend to use it to overcook food. However, as long as you avoid that, it’s a great kitchen appliance to use because you can make a variety of dishes with minimal effort.
Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- 1 lb sirloin tip steak , grass-fed
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp oregano , dried
- 2 tbsp MCT oil
- 3 tbsp grass-fed butter , unsalted
- 1.5 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Coat the steak with the salt, turmeric and oregano.
- Place the seasoned steak in the slow cooker and pour on the MCT Oil.
- Add the butter and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until the meat is shreddable.
- After the meat is cooked, shred it with a fork and add the vinegar.
- Calories: 285
- Fat: 19 g
- Protein: 25 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Sugar: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Net Carbs: 1 g
- Sodium: 3629 mg
Brussels Sprouts With Turmeric
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts , halved with outer leaves removed
- 2 tbsp Bulletproof Grass-Fed Ghee or grass-fed, unsalted butter
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp turmeric , ground
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Place the sprouts in a baking pan with the butter.
- Sprinkle on the salt and turmeric. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Calories: 112
- Fat: 7 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Sugar: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Net Carbs: 6 g
- Sodium: 1191 mg
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!