Keto Oreos recipe and content provided by Sheridan Austin
These keto Oreos are a low-carb take on an iconic dessert. With the same creamy filling and chocolatey cookies you crave, this snackable treat uses all-natural ingredients and won’t blow your macros.
Related: Keto Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Unlike the original recipe, keto Oreos use no corn syrup, white flour, or processed sugar — instead, you’ll taste real chocolate and vanilla in every bite. Plus, you can skip the mystery cream filling with these cookies: This recipe creates a silky dairy-free center using rich cacao butter.
This recipe for keto Oreos recommends using activated almond flour to remove some of the inflammatory gut irritants that can come with conventional nut flours. If you do decide to use activated almond flour, you can easily make it yourself: Follow the instructions in this keto caramel recipe for activating and drying your almonds, then use a high-powered blender to pulse them into a fine flour.
Start to Finish: 45 minutes (15 minutes active)
- Cookies: 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond meal (preferably activated)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons granulated sweetener, such as non-GMO erythritol or birch xylitol
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
Cream filling ingredients:
- 1/2 cup of pre-soaked cashews
- 3 tablespoons cacao butter
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons granulated non-GMO erythritol or birch xylitol
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone liner.
- Prepare cookies first: Combine all cookie ingredients in a blender or bowl and taste the mixture to ensure it is sweet enough for you.
- On parchment paper or a clean work surface, roll out cookie dough into a flat sheet using a rolling pin.
- Use a small cup or jar to cut 20 circles from the dough.
- Place each individual cookie on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- While cookies bake, prepare cream filling: Add all filling ingredients to a blender and blend until completely smooth. If the mixture is too runny, place it in the fridge to firm up before filling the cookies. You may need to re-blend slightly once you remove it from the fridge.
- Allow cookies to cool completely before filling. When ready to fill, add a teaspoon of cream to the center of each cookie. Use your fingers or a spoon to smooth it out toward the edges, then add another cookie on top. Place assembled cookies in the fridge to set.
- Enjoy straight from the fridge, and keep leftovers cold in a covered container.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 269
- Fat: 25g
- Salt: 86mg
- Carbs: 13g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Sugar: 1.04g
- Sugar Alcohols: 7.2g
- Net Carbs: 2.6g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Potassium: 151mg
- Vitamin D: 2mcg
- Calcium: 46mg
- Iron: 1mg
Note on ingredients: Except for coconut, all nuts are considered “suspect” on the Bulletproof Diet because of their high levels of omega-6 fats that can oxidize and contribute to inflammation. Nuts are also susceptible to mold and contain lectins, nutrient-sapping compounds that can be tough on your gut. Use nuts in moderation, or remove them from your diet and reintroduce in small amounts to test your sensitivity.
Want more recipes?
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter where deliciousness is delivered to your inbox every week!