Coconut Raspberry Keto Birthday Cake
Keto birthday cake recipe and content via Jordan Pie
This keto birthday cake makes the perfect show-stopping dessert for all your special occasions. Each layer of cake is sandwiched between a pillowy, creamy layer of dairy-free frosting and a lightly sweet and tangy raspberry jam.
If you love coconut, you’ll love this keto birthday cake recipe. Not only does each cake layer incorporate almond and coconut flours, each one also gets slathered in a creamy frosting using Dave’s keto coconut vanilla sauce recipe. A ripple of quick homemade raspberry jam add the perfect amount of tartness to balance this cake’s rich flavors.
For the best keto birthday cake, assemble the frosting and jam ahead of time to ensure adequate chilling time and better cake texture. You can easily substitute your favorite low-carb jam and frostings into this recipe, though. This is one cake you won’t want to rush!
Coconut Raspberry Keto Birthday Cake
Start to Finish: 12 hours, 45 minutes (45 minutes active)
- 3 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup non-GMO erythritol
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1 cup grass-fed butter, softened
- 8 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 pinches of salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 batch Dave’s Keto Coconut Vanilla Sauce, for frosting (use 2 1/2 - 3 cups of hot water instead of the 4 cups in the original recipe)
- 6 ounces (170g) fresh, then frozen organic raspberries
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons erythritol
- 1 teaspoon grass-fed gelatin, bloomed in 2 teaspoons water
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup boiling water
- The day before you bake your keto birthday cake, prepare vanilla sauce and jam (recommended). Follow instructions on the vanilla sauce recipe, except replace the 4 cups of water with 2 1/2 - 3 cups, until you reach a thick and creamy texture. Store in glass and chill overnight.
- To prepare jam, add gelatin to 2 teaspoons of water in a small glass bowl and stir to combine. Set aside to thicken and bloom.
- After gelatin blooms, pour the boiling water on top and stir to combine until gelatin dissolves completely.
- Add gelatin to a blender with berries, lemon juice, and erythritol and blend until smooth and lump-free. Taste the mixture and adjust lemon juice or sweetness if desired, and add more water if needed.
- Pour finished jam in a glass container and chill in the refrigerator.
Keto birthday cake instructions:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and line two 8-inch springform cake tins with parchment paper.
- Add erythritol and butter to a mixing bowl. With a hand mixer, whip the mixture until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, blending thoroughly between each egg.
- Add all remaining cake ingredients to the mixing bowl and blend until combined.
- Taste the batter to see if it’s sweet enough. If more sweetness is needed, add erythritol 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach desired sweetness.
- Divide batter evenly among the two baking pans. Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove pans from the oven. Allow cakes to cool for 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Cake assembly instructions:
- Ensure cakes are completely cool before assembling so that frosting does not melt.
- Carefully slice each cake in half horizontally to create 4 cake rounds.
- Place one of the cake rounds onto a large plate. Spread out some of the raspberry jam evenly. Then carefully dollop and spread out some of the frosting on top of the jam layer.
- Place another cake round on top of the plated round and repeat the process. Continue layering with cake, jam, and frosting until no cake layers remain.
- Cover the entire cake evenly with the remaining frosting.
- Garnish with fresh berries, coconut flakes and flowers.
- Slice keto birthday cake and serve.
Makes: Serves 10
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
- Calories: 456
- Fat: 38g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Cholesterol: 150mg
- Salt: 201mg
- Carbs: 33.9g
- Fiber: 10.5g
- Sugar: 4.1g
- Sugar Alcohols: 17g
- Net Carbs: 6.4g
- Protein: 15.7g
- Vitamin D: 12mcg
- Calcium: 163mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 418mg
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!