Keto Hot Chocolate
By: Jordan Pie
When you’re craving a warm, nostalgic beverage, there’s nothing more satisfying than a cup of hot cocoa! This Keto Hot Chocolate recipe is geared toward those following a low-carb, high-fat, moderate-protein way of eating. Missing the comfort of traditional hot cocoa? We’ve got you covered…
Keep your net carbs in check and enjoy the best hot chocolate you’ve ever had—that just so happens to be gluten-free, too. Instead of heavy cream, use silky, homemade cashew milk (or unsweetened almond milk or your nut/seed milk of choice). Additionally, if you do not tolerate nuts, you can craft this keto-friendly hot chocolate with coconut milk.
As always, it’s all about nutrition… reimagined! So, how do we ‘Bulletproof’ this low-carb hot chocolate? Enter brand-new Bulletproof Original Creamer, which infuses this delicious Keto Hot Chocolate with quality fats from grass-fed butter and MCT oil.
Once you’re good and #BUTTERPROUD, forget cocoa powder and opt for something more exciting to achieve that signature chocolate flavor. Add two scoops of Bulletproof Chocolate Collagen Protein, which will boost your cup with added support for your skin, hair, nails, bones, joints and muscles.
Pro tip: Want to make this Keto Hot Chocolate a mocha? Simply add a double-shot of Bulletproof Coffee to your mug!
Keto Hot Chocolate
Start to Finish: 5 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups nut milk (we used homemade cashew milk)
- 1 scoop Bulletproof Original Creamer
- 2 scoops Bulletproof Chocolate Collagen Protein
- 1/2 tsp. organic cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla powder (substitute with twice as much vanilla extract)
- Optional for mocha: Double-shot of Bulletproof Coffee
- Optional for sweetness: 2-4 drops of keto-friendly liquid sweetener (like stevia or monkfruit), if desired
- Add all ingredients into a small saucepan and warm on low heat to 160°F-170°F (70°C-80°C).
- Once heated, pour into blender. Blitz on high until frothy.
- Pour into two mugs, and enjoy immediately.
Makes: 2 servings
Nutritional Information (1 mug):
- Calories: 150
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Salt: 141mg
- Carbs: 6.1g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Sugar: 0.6g
- Protein: 9.8g
Let's Get Cookin'!
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!