Activated Charcoal Goth Latte
Goth latte recipe & content provided by Ryan Carter
Goth lattes are here to stay — and not just because they look amazing on your Instagram feed. Activated charcoal lattes make the perfect choice when you need a quick detox. Unlike other supplements you take to absorb their nutrients, activated charcoal helps bind and flush out unwanted toxins. Plus, it can give your digestive system a break from bloating, gas, pollution, heavy metals, and alcohol.
Related: Blue Spirulina Latte
When I prepare my goth latte, I prefer to enjoy it in the evening to wind down before bed. This approach allows the activated charcoal to do its magic while I rest and recharge for the day ahead. If you try this activated charcoal latte, avoid taking medications or supplements at least one hour (or preferably longer) before you enjoy it. Since activated charcoal is so potent, it may negate the benefits you would get from supplements.
My goth latte contains 4 ingredients and takes 5 minutes to prepare. I use full-fat coconut milk for a richer taste with no added water or sugar that you’ll find in lighter-fat options. Plus, this activated charcoal latte gets a touch of flavor from powdered vanilla bean and raw honey (though you can also use other keto-friendly sweeteners like stevia).
Activated Charcoal Latte – Goth Latte
Start to Finish: 5 minutes
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk (BPA-free)
- 1 cup filtered hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered vanilla bean, or a few drops of vanilla extract
- 2 capsules of activated coconut charcoal
- 1/2 teaspoon raw honey, stevia powder, or birch xylitol
- In a saucepan on medium heat, warm coconut milk and water for a few minutes or until heated.
- While milk heats, break open charcoal capsules and empty into a small bowl. Discard capsule coatings.
- Add milk and water mixture to a blender. Add charcoal, honey, and vanilla and blend for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until frothy.
- Pour the goth latte into a tall glass. If desired, garnish with additional charcoal or vanilla bean powder.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
- Calories: 446
- Protein: 3.3g
- Total Carbs: 14.1g
- Fiber: 15.3g
- Sugars: 11.9g
- Sugar Alcohols: 0g
- Net Carbs: 12.3g
- Total Fat: 42g
- Saturated Fat: 37g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.46g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1.78g
- Trans fat: 0.31g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 24mg
- Potassium: 469mg
- Vitamin C: 2mg
- Calcium: 8mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Zinc: 1mg
Note on ingredients: Avoid taking medications or supplements at least one hour (or preferably longer) before you enjoy this recipe. Since activated charcoal is so potent, it may negate the benefits you would get from these treatments.
Want more recipes?
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter where deliciousness is delivered to your inbox every week!