Collagen Breakfast Cookies
Power your day with this nutritious, delicious breakfast cookie recipe. Spoiler alert: cookies aren’t just for afternoon snack time and after-dinner treats…
What is a breakfast cookie, exactly? If you’re not in the mood to cook up a healthy breakfast, this is the next best thing. It’s essentially a nutritious breakfast disguised as a cookie (and, a batch is meal-prep-friendly). While traditional breakfast cookie recipes may contain rolled oats, whole wheat, high-glycemic sweeteners, refined sugars and high-carb, fruit-based ingredients (like mashed bananas and unsweetened applesauce), this one is gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free and low-carb! That way, you can hit your macros—without the added guilt.
In this breakfast cookie recipe, enjoy benefits from Bulletproof Vanilla Collagen Protein, which contains amino acids that support healthy skin, hair and nails, as well as your bones, joints and muscles. This beneficial formula may make a great addition to smoothies and other nutrient-packed drinks and juices, but it can also make a flavorful cameo in baked goods (hint, hint: breakfast cookies).
Along with shredded coconut and xylitol for sweetness, fuel your mornings with a combination of nuts and seeds (thanks to ground flax seed meal, the cookie dough takes on the consistency of oatmeal cookies). If you’re a chocolate lover, fret not; simply add some dark chocolate chips for an added indulgence. And, while roasted almond butter takes center stage, if it fits your macros, you can opt for cashew butter or another nut butter of your choice to get those quality fats in.
Pair your breakfast cookie with a piping-hot cup of robust Bulletproof Coffee made from either grounds or whole beans. From Breakfast Blend to Original to French Kick, there’s a roast for every java drinker.
Pro tip: Headed out the door? Take your Collagen Breakfast Cookie and a travel mug of coffee to go!
Collagen Breakfast Cookies
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup roasted almond butter
- 1/3 cup granulated monk fruit-erythritol blend
- 2 tbsp ground flax meal
- 2½ tbsp Bulletproof Vanilla Collagen Protein
- 2-3 tsp cinnamon
- 2-3 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Mix all cookie ingredients together in a bowl.
- Oil hands with some coconut oil and roll the mixture into balls. Place them on the lined baking trays and press them into flat, even cookies.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- Remove cookies from oven and allow time to cool.
- Serve with a hot cup of Bulletproof Coffee for a keto-friendly breakfast!
- Calories: 289
- Fat: 21 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sugar Alcohols: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Net Carbs: 7 g
- Sodium: 18 mg
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!