Keto Edible Cookie Dough
Edible cookie dough recipe & content provided by Bare Nutrition
How many times growing up did your parents say, “Don’t eat the raw cookie dough, you’ll get salmonella!” Raw eggs still have their time and place (case in point: Bulletproof ice cream), and salmonella is largely a non-issue since most of the bacteria is on the shell. However, eating a batch of raw cookies probably isn’t the best idea anyway. Luckily, this edible cookie dough delivers the same flavor and consistency — just like when you were a kid.
This edible cookie dough recipe is loaded with gut-nourishing protein and healthy fats, thanks to collagen peptides, cashews, and Brain Octane. It makes the perfect post-workout treat or after-dinner dessert that won’t cause a sugar crash.
The edible cookie dough recipe here makes the perfect base for sweet keto-friendly mix-ins. Try adding chunks of your favorite dark chocolate, a drop or two of food-grade lemon or mint essential oil, or even spices like ginger for a delicious upgrade.
Keto Edible Cookie Dough
Start to Finish: 8 minutes
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked if desired -- see recipe notes)
- 2 tablespoons Brain Octane Oil
- 1 scoop (about 4 tablespoons) Vanilla Collagen Protein
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs (optional)
- Add cashews and Brain Octane to a high-powered blender or food processor. Blend at low speed for several minutes, scraping down the sides of your container as needed, until cashews take on a nut butter consistency.
- Add collagen, coconut flour, and cinnamon, and blend again at low speed until combined and smooth.
- Fold in cacao nibs, if using, or any other mix-ins.
- Line a glass container with parchment paper. Using a teaspoon, gather heaping scoops of the dough and roll into balls. Place balls spaced apart onto the parchment.
- Store edible cookie dough in the fridge for a more doughy consistency, or store in the freezer for a more solid texture.
Makes: Serves 10
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
- Calories: 126
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Carbs: 7g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Sugar: <1g
- Net Carbs: 4.5g
- Protein: 4g
- Salt: 14mg
- Potassium: 19mg
Recipe notes: Soaking cashews is optional, but can improve their digestibility and make them easier to blend. To soak the cashews, add them to a large bowl with 1 teaspoon of salt and enough filtered water to cover them. Soak the nuts for 2-3 hours, drain the water, and rinse to remove salt. Then, use as normal in your edible cookie dough recipe.
Notes on ingredients: Except for coconut, all nuts are considered “suspect” on the Bulletproof Diet because of their high levels of omega-6 fats that can oxidize and contribute to inflammation. Nuts are also susceptible to mold and contain lectins, nutrient-sapping compounds that can be tough on your gut. Use nuts in moderation, or remove them from your diet and reintroduce in small amounts to test your sensitivity.
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!