Iced Bulletproof Coffee
Iced coffee drinkers, rejoice: Bulletproof Coffee is delicious on ice, too. The trick with great iced coffee is getting it glacially cold without diluting the bold flavor of your brew. Hot Bulletproof Coffee is creamy and energizing thanks to grass-fed butter or ghee and MCT oil, but you’ll get mixed results if you throw those ingredients over ice. Quality fats blend well in hot drinks…but they separate in cold.
Fortunately, we’ve got a fat-fueled secret up our sleeve. Keep reading to find out how to make the best keto-friendly iced Bulletproof Coffee recipe all year long.
Iced Bulletproof Coffee Recipe
- Brew 1 cup (8-12 ounces) of coffee using Bulletproof coffee beans.
- Add coffee, Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil and Ghee to a blender.
- Blend 20-30 seconds until it looks like a creamy latte. Allow to cool slightly.
- Pour over ice. Enjoy!
- Servings: 1 cup
- Calories: 86
- Fat: 9 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sugar Alcohols: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Sodium: 17 mg
What’s in iced Bulletproof Coffee?
Now you know how to make it—so here’s how it all works.
The original Bulletproof Coffee recipe is the creamy, frothy beverage that made us famous. Also known as butter coffee or keto coffee, it’s made with expertly roasted and certified clean coffee beans, satisfying grass-fed butter or ghee and brain-boosting C8 MCTs (medium-chain triglycerides).
Blend it all together and you get a powerhouse coffee drink that sips like a latte and keeps you fueled and focused for hours.†
The original recipe is served hot, but iced coffee drinkers deserve the best, too. The one problem with butter is that it hardens when it cools, which doesn’t give you that creamy consistency you expect with every sip. To deliver that rich mouthfeel, keto iced coffee recipes often feature heavy cream or whipping cream. But if dairy doesn’t work for your health goals, you can stick with the original Bulletproof formula—with a twist.
You’ll notice we swapped grass-fed butter for ghee. That’s intentional! When you use ghee instead of butter, the fats won’t separate when you pour it over ice. Even better, grass-fed ghee comes from happy cows and contains beneficial nutrients like butyrate, omega-3s, vitamin A and the fatty acid CLA.
Did you know? Our Grass-Fed Ghee is made from the cream of grass-fed New Zealand cows.
Other ways to enjoy iced Bulletproof Coffee
Whether you follow a keto, paleo or low-carb diet (or you just want an energizing iced coffee to start your day), Bulletproof Coffee checks all the boxes: It’s sugar-free, keto-friendly, gluten-free and totally delicious. Here are some ideas to make it even better:
- Scoop collagen peptides for a punch of protein that also supports healthy skin, bones and joints.† Make it a mocha with Bulletproof Chocolate Collagen Protein!
- Make iced Bulletproof Coffee without the blender with Bulletproof Creamer. Just add a scoop in hot coffee, mix until dissolved and pour over ice.
- Sweeten it up with vanilla extract, cinnamon or keto-friendly sweeteners like monk fruit and stevia.
- Add coconut milk to make it creamier and dairy-free—but look for unsweetened, high-fat varieties to keep the carbohydrates low.
- Freeze black coffee in an ice cube tray. Use coffee ice cubes to cool down your java without watering it down, or blend the cubes and iced Bulletproof Coffee to make a frappe!
Looking for more ways to level up your iced coffee? Check out these 16 Ideas for Delicious Bulletproof Coffee Hacks.
This article has been updated with new content.