Greens Powder Smoothie
Say goodbye to basic green juice and hello to a new, tasty way to enjoy the benefits of leafy greens and superfoods. Packed with quality fats, antioxidants and collagen protein, this Greens Powder Smoothie features our newest product: Bulletproof Greens.
Creamy, delicious and easy to make, this three-step recipe requires minimal effort but delivers maximum benefits. Once your blender works its magic, get ready to savor every sip of a superfood smoothie that contains whole foods and science-backed ingredients that support your overall health and wellness.
What’s in our Greens powder?
The star of this breakfast smoothie is a dietary supplement that supports both your body and your mind. With 35 carefully selected and sourced ingredients, Greens contain the nutrients you need to thrive on all levels.
So, what exactly went into formulating this new-to-2022 product? Let’s take a closer look at the components that make up our Greens powder.
- Fruits and vegetables: A dozen fruits and veggies made the cut based on the Environmental Working Group’s 2021 list. We went the organic route with a few veggies, including spinach, kale, celery and cucumber. We also chose keto-friendly, low-glycemic citrus (lemons and limes) and organic strawberries and blueberries. Overall, this unique blend provides calcium, iron, vitamin K2, as well as other micronutrients like vitamin A and vitamin C. Plus, a scoop of Greens equals a full serving of vegetables. (Score!)
- Nootropics: Greens contain two nootropics, which are cognition- and brain-supporting compounds. Citicoline improves focus and supports healthy brain function and motor speed.† Panax ginseng is an adaptogen that’s been used for centuries in traditional Chinese medicine. This humble root curbs minor mental fatigue to help keep you sharp.†
- Superfoods: Like many adaptogenic herbs, superfoods have been consumed for hundreds of years, and our Greens powder includes a blend of five science-backed ones. Acai berry, acerola fruit and green tea extract have antioxidant properties that make them superfoods. Meanwhile, spirulina is a blue-green algae that’s high in minerals like iron and calcium. Chlorella is a green algae that’s high in vitamin D, vitamin B12 and folate.
- Mushroom blend: You’ll also find two types of mushrooms in Greens. A blend of lion’s mane and cordyceps supports overall vitality and wellness thanks to polysaccharides, which are thought to have antioxidant and immune-supporting properties.†
- Digestive enzymes: A key part of our Greens innovation is the digestive enzyme blend. Formulated to help you break down nutrients and absorb them better, it includes amylase, alpha-galactosidase, lactase, invertase, acid maltase, protease, glucoamylase, lipase and peptidase. Two of those enzymes—glucoamylase and alpha-galactosidase—help your body break down plant fibers.†
- Vitamins and minerals: Each serving of Greens delivers science-backed doses of some key vitamins and minerals. First, we included vitamin K2 MK7, which supports arterial health and strong bones. A blend of high-potency B vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B5 and B12) supports cellular energy production. Most importantly, one scoop contains 200mg of calcium citrate. This compound decreases the effects of oxalates—anti-nutrients that can interfere with mineral absorption. Adding calcium helps mitigate oxalates.
- Probiotic: To support a healthy gastrointestinal tract, we developed Greens with a shelf-stable probiotic strand called Bacillus coagulans. This ingredient provides good bacteria for your gut, which will assist with healthy digestion.
Greens powder smoothie recipe ingredients
Now that you know more about what’s in Greens, it’s time to take a look at the other ingredients in this quick-and-easy Greens Powder Smoothie. While the list may be short, each component packs a powerful punch.
First, let’s focus on the quality fat sources. Avocados are high in monounsaturated fat and contain fiber, minerals and vitamins. In addition to being a keto-friendly food, they also help the smoothie achieve its creamy texture.
This Greens Powder Smoothie recipe also delivers support for your bones, joints and muscles via Bulletproof Unflavored Collagen Protein. As the most abundant protein in the body, collagen is critical not just for connective tissues but also your hair, nails and skin. Sourced from pasture-raised, grass-fed cows, this flavorless protein powder mixes easily into the smoothie without affecting the taste.
To keep things dairy-free, we opted for unsweetened almond milk. If you have some flexibility with your diet, you could use coconut milk. However, keep in mind that its high fat content will make your smoothie much more calorie-dense.
Finally, a few ice cubes help everything come together in the blender to form a cold n’ creamy concoction you can confidently sip every morning.
Greens Powder Smoothie
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend for 1 minute, or until the mixture is smooth.
- Taste and add water to thin, if needed.
- Calories: 326
- Fat: 25 g
- Protein: 13 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Sugar: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Net Carbs: 6 g
- Sodium: 372 mg
Frequently Asked Recipe Questions
Does Greens contain added sugars?
Although it tastes slightly sweet, Greens does not contain any added sugars or other sweetening agents like maple syrup or honey. Instead, we used stevia—a natural sweetener that won’t spike your blood sugar. Plus, we flavored this Greens powder supplement with a hint of pineapple to complement the natural flavor of the fruits and veggies used in the formula.
Is this green smoothie gluten-free?
Yes, gluten-free dieters can sip on this green smoothie with zero worries.
When is the best time to drink a Greens Powder Smoothie?
While you can certainly consume Greens at your convenience, it’s best-suited for the morning. Starting your day with a Greens breakfast smoothie that provides a full serving of veggies, along with vitamins, minerals, nootropics, probiotics and collagen powder, is a sound strategy to set yourself up for success. You can easily incorporate Greens into your morning routine so you can feel sharp and ready to go.
How does Greens contain one serving of vegetables?
Based on calculations by the USDA database, the vegetable blend in Greens is equivalent to the average vitamin A content in one serving of vegetables.
What are other ingredients you can put in a green smoothie?
The best green smoothie recipes include ingredients that provide valuable health benefits. What else can you throw in your blender? For immune support, Bulletproof Immune Defense Collagen Protein Packets work great in this green superfood smoothie. A high-potency blend of vitamin C and vitamin D, along with our Custom Immune Blend, helps keep your immune system protected. Plus, collagen protein supports healthy tissues.†
If you’re following keto, you can also try including a scoop of Bulletproof Original Creamer to add more quality fats to your morning shake.
Can a green smoothie replace a meal?
If you follow the recipe above, you can consider this green smoothie a meal replacement. With balanced macros and plenty of micronutrients, it delivers everything you need in a single glass.
Is Greens compatible with certain types of diets?
Yes, we formulated Greens to be keto-, paleo- and vegan-friendly. However, this specific recipe is not vegan. To make it 100% plant-based, simply remove collagen protein from the equation.
Does Greens contain any forms of grass?
This product is completely grass-free. That means no wheatgrass or alfalfa, which are commonly found in other Greens powder supplements.
Interested in learning more? Whether you want a better understanding of nootropics or you’re looking for ways to incorporate Greens into your day, here are some helpful resources to check out:
- What Are Greens? 5 Things to Look for in a Greens Powder Supplement
- How Lion’s Mane Mushroom Benefits Memory, Focus and Mood
- What Are Brain Supplements? What to Know About Nootropics
- The Ultimate Digestive Enzymes Guide
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!