Bulletproof Pumpkin Spice Latte
Ah, the pumpkin spice latte—the harbinger of fall. For many, this is the drink that makes an entire season. But even as an occasional fall treat, there are a couple of issues with the traditional PSL.
The Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte can contain up to 64 grams of sugar (in a 20 oz. cup)! That’s about 12 teaspoons. No wonder these things are so addictive. The problem is that sugar can mess with your energy and make you crash.
While balance is necessary and shame is a no-no (hey, we all indulge sometimes), you can replace the sugar with naturally sweetened alternatives like coconut milk and pumpkin puree. Plus, quality fats like grass-fed butter and Bulletproof Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil support sustained energy and fewer cravings (without the afternoon energy slump).
Let’s talk about pumpkin. Pumpkin is packed with nutrients that feed your brain and support your vision. These rich colors translate to high beta-carotene content, a potent antioxidant and a precursor for the essential fat-soluble vitamin A.
All this to say, your go-to PSL can do so much more. This paleo-friendly recipe features no added sugar, just natural sweetness from pumpkin and coconut milk. Try this Bulletproof Pumpkin Spice Latte and let us know what you think!
Bulletproof Pumpkin Spice Latte
Start to Finish: 10 minutes
- 4 cups plain brewed Bulletproof coffee
- 1 ¼ cup full fat, unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tbsp. Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil
- 3 tbsp. organic pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp. grass-fed unsalted butter or Bulletproof Grass-Fed Ghee, softened
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Optional: 1-2 tsp. xylitol or stevia to taste
- Optional: 2 tbsp. raw whipped cream or whipped coconut cream on top
- Prepare a pumpkin spice base for your latte. Using a stand mixer, whisk or hand mixer, cream together the pumpkin puree, Brain Octane MCT oil, butter, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and optional sweetener. The fats should be well-incorporated into the pumpkin, and the mixture should look a lot like pumpkin pie filling. (You can also double this recipe or make it ahead of time, and store it in the refrigerator for up to five days. Stir before using.)
- In a small saucepan on low heat, add coconut milk and warm gently.
- In a high-speed blender, add pumpkin spice base, brewed coffee and warmed coconut milk. Blend on high for 30 seconds, or until creamy and frothy. If you don’t have a blender, combine all the components in a saucepan and blend with a whisk or stick blender—it will still taste amazing, but not be so frothy.
- Pour into mugs and serve with raw whipped cream or whipped coconut cream, if desired.
Makes: 6 cups
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 162
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Salt: 25mg
- Potassium: 203mg
- Carbs: 2g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 0g
Enjoy this recipe? There’s more where that came from. Get Bulletproof recipes straight to your inbox when you sign up below.
WANT MORE RECIPES?
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter and have deliciousness delivered to your inbox every week!
This recipe has been updated with new content.