By: Jordan Pie
Our Grain-Free Granola skips the oats and sugary sweetener in typical granola recipes. Instead, you’ll use nuts, seeds and coconut to make a paleo granola that is sweetly satisfying. If you want delicious granola clusters, use honey and coconut oil for the fat. You can also add in any spices you love: This would taste delicious with pumpkin spice, ground ginger, cardamom or even punchy flavors like cacao powder or orange zest.
Start to Finish: 45 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 cups almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 cup cashews, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Brazil nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup pistachios
- 3-4 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 3-5 Tbsp. honey (or sugar-free sweetener of your choice)
- 2-3 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon powder
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- Optional: 2 Bulletproof Collagen Protein Bars, diced and mixed through the final granola
- Preheat your oven to 340°F / 170°C.
- Add everything into a bowl (except the dried coconut and optional Collagen Protein Bars). Mix together evenly.
- Spread the nuts out onto a baking tray evenly. Place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and mix the nuts and seeds together and spread it out evenly again. Place it back into the oven and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir the dried coconut through the nut and seed mix evenly. Place it back into the oven and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven. If the nuts, seeds and coconut are all toasted evenly, you can remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Or if it needs another 5 minutes to toast that little bit more, place it back into the oven to finish off.
- Remove from oven once the granola is toasted to your preference. If you’re adding in the chopped Bulletproof Collagen Bars, mix them through. Store in a glass jar once completely cool.
- Serve with coconut yogurt and seasonal fruit or berries, enjoy as a snack, mix it through cookie dough or muffin mix and bake or sprinkle over homemade gluten-free pancakes or Bulletproof ice cream for a crunchy topping.
Makes: 12 servings
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 525
- Protein: 13g
- Carbs: 20.4g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 6.9g
- Fat: 45.5g
- Saturated Fat: 16.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Salt: 36mg
- Vitamin D: 0mcg
- Calcium: 58mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 260mg
Make this next: Paleo Pumpkin Muffins with Collagen Protein
WANT MORE RECIPES?
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter and have deliciousness delivered to your inbox every week!