Keto Hot Chocolate Bombs
When it’s time to indulge, you can’t go wrong with chocolate. However, you can go wrong if you reach for a milk chocolate that is loaded with carbohydrates and artificial sweeteners. But with the help of sugar-free chocolate and a few more keto-friendly ingredients, you can create the ultimate chocolate lover’s dream.
Fair warning: These keto hot chocolate bombs are so richly divine that you may just need to invite a friend to help you finish every last drop.
While pre-packaged hot chocolate mix certainly doesn’t fit into the ketogenic diet, this hot cocoa bomb recipe contains far fewer net carbs. Most importantly, it includes quality fats and collagen protein, while also tasting far superior to any hot cocoa mix you’ve sipped before.
Prep time will mostly be dedicated to making the low-carb marshmallows that are nestled inside the hot chocolate bombs and used as a garnish on top. To keep things low carb, these keto marshmallows are made with a powdered monk fruit-erythritol blend—a Bulletproof-approved sweetener. Plus, Bulletproof Collagelatin helps the mixture achieve the perfect consistency without impacting flavor.
Next, melt 6 oz. stevia sweetened milk chocolate and pour the chocolate into your silicone bomb molds. Finally, all you’ll have left to do is assemble the bombs (we promise they’re totally safe!), filling each one with marshmallow pieces and Bulletproof Chocolate Collagen Protein, which supports healthy bones, joints and muscles.†
When your keto-friendly chocolate bombs have set, simply pour over some hot unsweetened almond milk and watch the magic unfold. Remember to add a few more marshmallows for a finishing touch!
Ultimately, this recipe for keto hot cocoa bombs is a hit not only because it’s rich, creamy and delicious, but because it’s a fun activity to enjoy solo or with company—especially when cozied up during the chillier months.
Keto Hot Chocolate Bombs
- 1 scoop Bulletproof Collagelatin
- 2/3 cup powdered monk fruit-erythritol blend
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 cup water (divided in half)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Pinch of salt
Chocolate Bomb Ingredients
- 6 oz stevia-sweetened chocolate bars
Hot Chocolate Ingredients
- 12 tbsp marshmallows
- 1½ scoops Bulletproof Chocolate Collagen Protein
- 4½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- Coat a loaf pan with cooking spray and then add parchment paper so it sticks. Add a bit of cooking spray on top of the paper, too.
- Add the Collagelatin to a bowl and pour ½ cup of cold water over the powder. Set aside and let bloom for several minutes.
- Boil the other ½ cup of water and add the powdered sweetener, salt and cream of tartar. Allow the mixture to heat into a syrup reaching about 220°F (you can check with a candy thermometer). Remove from the heat.
- Using a standing or electric mixer, begin to whip the bloomed gelatin and slowly drizzle in the hot syrup, followed by adding the vanilla extract. Whip the mixture for 5-9 minutes until all is combined and white in color. You want the mixture to stick to the spatula, but not quite form peaks.
- Work quickly to pour the mixture into the lined loaf pan. Let set uncovered at room temperature for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Once set and firm in shape, remove the large marshmallow from the loaf pan. Cut it into 12 squares measuring roughly 1 tablespoon each. Then, chop each square into smaller pieces to make mini marshmallows and set aside.
Chocolate Bomb Instructions
- Add water to a saucepan (about 1/4 volume) and bring the water to a boil.
- Remove the pot from the stovetop to prevent further heating.
- Create a double boiler by adding a glass, steel or ceramic bowl to the saucepan, leaving space between the bottom of the bowl and the water.
- Melt the chocolate at a temperature no higher than 175°F. Stir the chocolate until melted, about 30-45 seconds.
- Remove the bowl from the double boiler.
- Coat the inside of a three-sphere silicone mold (6 half-spheres) with melted chocolate. Place the mold on a level tray and into the freezer for 5 minutes. Pour another layer of melted chocolate into the molds and spread evenly. Allow the chocolate set in the freezer for 5 more minutes.
- Scrape the remaining melted chocolate into a piping bag and set aside.
Hot Chocolate Bomb Assembly
- Carefully pop the chocolate half-spheres out of the mold. Fill three half-spheres with 2 tablespoons of chopped marshmallows and ½ scoop of Chocolate Collagen Protein, each. Pipe a border of melted chocolate on top of the filled half-sphere and cover it with another half to create the chocolate bomb.
- Repeat the process assembling the other 2 hot chocolate bombs.
- Heat up the almond milk until it is steaming.
- Gently place one hot chocolate bomb into the bottom of a glass mug.
- Pour the almond milk over the hot chocolate bomb and watch it melt and open up. Stir the mixture. After 1-2 minutes, top with more chopped marshmallows (2 tablespoons per mug). Sip the and savor the comforting deliciousness!
- Calories: 511
- Fat: 31 g
- Protein: 13 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sugar Alcohols: 32 g
- Carbohydrates: 45 g
- Net Carbs: 3 g
- Sodium: 542 mg
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!