Keto Buffalo Chicken Casserole
By: Jordan Pie
Break out a baking dish, preheat your oven and get ready to feed your whole family a weeknight dinner they’ll never forget! This keto buffalo chicken casserole recipe boasts big, bold flavors, quality fats from Bulletproof Grass-Fed Ghee and a supportive boost from Bulletproof Unflavored Collagen Protein. Plus, this game-day comfort food keeps the carbohydrates in check by using spaghetti squash, along with your favorite low-carb buffalo sauce and mayonnaise.
As for the rest of the ingredients in this gluten-free buffalo chicken casserole recipe? All you’ll need from the grocery store are chicken breasts, eggs and a few familiar veggies. If you’re not following the keto diet, feel free to include sweet potato, too. Just don’t forget the jalapeno for a garnish for a crunchy punch of heat!
While it does take some prep time to bring this main dish together, the end result is so delish that it’s totally worth it. Just see the total time it takes for the first person to ask for seconds. Hint: Not very long.
Get started on this keto buffalo chicken recipe by grabbing a large bowl, a casserole dish and setting your oven to 425ºF. As the squash gets in its 20 minutes of cook time, the leek and carrots get beautifully caramelized in ghee, olive oil, or whatever quality fat source you choose. Throw in some garlic powder and other spices to give your veggies even more flavor.
Once all the yummy low-carb buffalo chicken casserole ingredients have been mixed together and transferred to a baking dish, you can relax (for at least an hour) while your oven does all the work. Top with green onions and drizzle your nicely browned buffalo chicken dip with hot sauce (Frank’s Red Hot, anyone?) for a spicy finale.
Keto Buffalo Chicken Casserole
Start to Finish: 120 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups organic chicken breast, diced (2½ cups is about 2 very large chicken breasts)
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 1-2 jalapenos, sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 4 Tbsp. Bulletproof-friendly hot sauce (add more if you like it spicy!)
- 1/2 cup Bulletproof-friendly mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. Bulletproof Grass-Fed Ghee
- 1 scoop Bulletproof Unflavored Collagen Protein
- 1 large sweet potato, finely diced, optional (skip if you're keto)
- Preheat oven to 425F°.
- Using a sharp knife, make 3-5 slits in the squash and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until it is fork-tender. (Cooking time may vary depending on the size of the squash.)
- While the squash is cooking, sauté the leek and carrots in ghee for 5-7 minutes until softened and mostly cooked through.
- Shred squash with a fork and place in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs, hot sauce, salt, mayonnaise and collagen into a bowl and whisk together until combined.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl, transfer to an oven-proof dish and bake for 60-75 minutes.
- Remove from the oven when the liquid has reduced and the top is nicely browned.
- Drizzle some extra hot sauce on top before garnishing with chopped parsley and sliced jalapenos for a fresh, fiery finish!
Makes: 6 servings
Nutritional Information (1 serving):
- Calories: 153
- Fat: 7.6g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Salt: 638mg
- Carbs: 12.3g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Sugar: 2.7g
- Protein: 10.2g
Let's Get Cookin'!
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!