Hazelnut Keto Scones Recipe
Looking for a keto scones recipe that will satisfy your craving for breakfast pastries without kicking you out of ketosis? These low-carb scones support your keto diet by focusing on quality fats while keeping net carbs in check. Although keto baking can seem intimidating, once you get the hang of working with low-carbohydrate flour substitutes like coconut flour and almond flour (this recipe contains both), you can work toward mastering the art of gluten-free baking in a way that won’t tamper with your macros.
Our keto scones recipe stars one of our favorite nuts of the fall season: hazelnuts! Not only does this coconut and almond flour scone sport crunchy hazelnuts for texture (and to support your low-carb diet), but we’ve infused it with a hint of Bulletproof Hazelnut Creamer to bring out the full flavor of the filbert (sorry, traditional heavy cream!).
Additionally, instead of melted butter, we opted for Bulletproof Grass-Fed Ghee, which adds extra richness, along with omega-3s and CLA. When it comes to the sweetness factor, a bit of golden monk fruit sweetener (we like Lakanto) goes a long way to give these gluten-free scones keto dessert-style authenticity. And, a bit of dairy-free, unsweetened almond milk will help you moisten the dough—if the large egg doesn’t do the trick.
Once out of the oven, allow your scones to rest on a cooling rack, and then comes the fun part: glaze! Using keto-friendly confectioner’s sugar (you can use Lakanto or Swerve), cinnamon and lukewarm water, you can craft a yummy glaze to decadently drizzle.
After the glaze hardens, we recommend brewing up a fresh cup of coffee (French press, please!) so you can enjoy this keto scone recipe in true Bulletproof fashion!
Pro tip: If you’re dealing with nut allergies or do not care for hazelnuts, you can easily swap them for fresh blueberries, raspberries or cranberries and sub in Bulletproof Original Creamer. You can also add sugar-free chocolate chips! Whichever path you choose, we recommend storing your keto scones in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week (if they even last that long).
Hazelnut Keto Scones Recipe
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup powdered monk fruit sugar
- 2 tbsp lukewarm water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and melt the ghee.
- Add all of the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and combine.
- Add all of the wet ingredients to a second mixing bowl and whisk.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and knead into a dough.
- On one of the baking sheets, shape the dough into a round disc and then use a knife to create 8 even triangular slices (like you are slicing a pizza).
- Arrange the scone dough on two baking sheets and bake the scones for 15 minutes.
- Allow scones to rest and cool for 20-30 minutes.
- In a small bowl add the keto confectioners sugar and cinnamon, followed by the lukewarm water, and whisk.
- Drizzle glaze atop keto scones recipe and finish with a few chopped hazelnuts, if desired.
- Enjoy your delicious low-carb scones with a hot cup of Bulletproof’s toxin-tested, clean coffee, or enjoy as a keto dessert!
- Calories: 187
- Fat: 16 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sugar Alcohols: 16 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Net Carbs: 3 g
- Sodium: 90 mg
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!