Zoodle Nests With Baked Eggs Recipe
Zoodles recipe courtesy Ryan Carter
Zucchini is a healthy, nutrient-dense source of potassium, phosphorus, and fiber – and notoriously low in carbs as well.
In fact, this zoodle recipe contains just 6 grams of carbs per serving. The ghee, eggs and avocado make its fat content beautifully bountiful at 25 grams.
Garnish your zoodle nests with your favorite Bulletproof-compliant spices, and you are in business.
Zoodle Nests with Baked Eggs Recipe
- 2 zucchini
- 1/2 tbsp grass-fed ghee
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 1 avocado
- Optional: chili flakes, nigella seeds, lemon juice, salt and pepper for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add ghee to an oven-safe pan or cast iron skillet and place on stovetop over medium heat.
- Spiralize your zucchinis and add to pan with ghee, sautéing a few minutes.
- Divide into two "nests" by gathering the zoodles together and forming a hole in the center of each.
- Crack one egg and drop it into the middle of your zoodle nest. Then repeat with the other egg.
- Place pan in the oven for 3 minutes until egg is cooked to about 70% (The eggs will continue cooking another 10% once out).
- Gently lift each nest out of the pan with a spatula and put on plate.Add garnish and enjoy.
- Calories: 297
- Fat: 25 g
- Protein: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Net Carbs: 6 g
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter where deliciousness is delivered to your inbox every week!