Paleo Chicken Taco Soup
Paleo Chicken Taco Soup recipe and visual content created by Laurel Perry, Darn Good Veggies
Looking for a yummy way to stay warm in the cold months? A bowl of this easy-to-prepare chicken taco soup will not only soothe your soul, but also provide your body with valuable protein and quality fats. Plus, unlike other comfort foods, this paleo-friendly recipe contains fresh ingredients that are free of additives and preservatives.
Luckily, prep time doesn’t take long at all. Simply shred some cooked chicken breasts, chop up a few veggies, gather your spices and turn on your stovetop (or break out your Instant Pot). Of course, like any soup worth its salt, the key to this recipe is building layers of flavor. That begins with a delicious base made of chicken broth, diced tomatoes, celery and spices like cumin and oregano. You can kick things up a notch by adding garlic powder, chili powder, paprika or red pepper flakes (if you can handle the heat) to the broth.
Once the shredded chicken and zucchini have had a chance to get acquainted with the other ingredients in your CrockPot or cooking vessel of choice, it’ll almost be time to break out a bowl and a spoon. However, you can’t complete this chicken taco soup recipe without a few more necessary ingredients.
First, cilantro and lime add a fresh, zesty punch to the dish. Next, Bulletproof Unflavored Collagen Protein provides the building blocks for healthy bones, muscles and joints without changing the taste one bit.†
Feel free to use this recipe as a starting point. Have some rotisserie chicken or boneless chicken thighs in the fridge? Use them in this dish. Want to make things spicier? Garnish with green chilies or jalapenos.
With balanced macros and bold flavors, this Mexican-inspired soup is bound to become a family favorite and a permanent part of your paleo meal plan.
Paleo Chicken Taco Soup
- 6 cups chicken bone broth
- 15 oz diced tomatoes
- 2 ribs celery (diced)
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 5 cups pasture-raised chicken (cooked and shredded)
- 2 large zucchini (diced)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- ¼ cup cilantro (chopped)
- 2 scoops Bulletproof Unflavored Collagen Protein
- 1 avocado (diced)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Add the broth, tomatoes with their juices, celery, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper to a large pot or Dutch oven. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes until the celery is softened.
- Stir in the shredded chicken and zucchini. Leave uncovered and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender.
- Stir in the lime juice, cilantro and Collagen Protein.
- Ladle the soup into a bowl and garnish with diced avocado for an extra source of quality fats!
- Calories: 211
- Fat: 13 g
- Protein: 15 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Sugar: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Net Carbs: 7 g
- Sodium: 1027 mg
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!