Lemon Drizzle Cake
In the mood for a sweet treat that tastes like an endless summer? This sweet Lemon Drizzle Cake is bursting with lemon flavor, but it’s made without grains, gluten or artificial sweeteners. It’s also paleo-friendly and made with grass-fed Bulletproof Collagen Protein to support healthy skin, bones and joints. And if you want a keto-friendly version, simply swap the maple syrup for your favorite keto-friendly liquid sweetener.
Lemon Drizzle Cake
Start to Finish: 1 hour
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp. Bulletproof Collagen Protein powder
- 1 3/4 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3 tbsp. tapioca flour
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons (just under 1/2 cup lemon juice)
- 3 tbsp. Bulletproof Grass-Fed Ghee or melted butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
Coconut Lemon Drizzle Icing
- 1-1.5 tbsp. powdered sweetener
- 2 tbsp. coconut butter
- 2 tbsp. Bulletproof Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil
- Juice of 3/4 to 1 lemon
- Lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Grease and line a rectangular slice tin with baking paper. (I used a cake tray with these dimensions: 7.5 inch x 11 inches.)
- Add all ingredients into a blender and combine until smooth.
- Pour into the prepared cake tin.
- Place into the oven and bake for 17-20 minutes, or until the cake is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before icing.
- Add all the Coconut Lemon Drizzle Icing ingredients into a small saucepan. Melt on low until combined. Stir until completely smooth. Add more lemon juice to taste, if desired.
- Place the lemon cake onto a rectangular plate or tray. Begin to drizzle the icing over the top of cake with a spoon.
- Garnish with extra lemon zest. Slice and enjoy, or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Makes: 12 squares
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 212
- Protein: 6.8g
- Carbs: 12.2g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Sugar: 5.8g
- Fat: 15.5g
- Saturated Fat: 6.6g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Salt: 102mg
- Vitamin D: 5mcg
- Calcium: 15mg
- Iron: 0mg
- Potassium: 49mg
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!