Keto Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
Want to set yourself up for a terrific 2023? While starting a new fitness routine is a solid step in the right direction, don’t discount the idea of adding a certain humble veggie to your diet. After all, if you believe in good luck, it shouldn’t take further convincing to make these keto stuffed cabbage rolls a new part of your weekly meal plan.
In some circles, eating cabbage in the new year is considered a “lucky” practice, and whether you’re superstitious or not, you’ll have a whole new outlook on life once you take a bite of this savory, wordly dish.
Perfect for a light keto dinner or a robust low-carb side dish, this cabbage rolls recipe brings comfort food flavors without the sluggish feeling you may experience after eating carb-heavy meals. Perfectly browned ground lamb (grass-fed ground beef also works wells), riced cauliflower and a few simple ingredients form a flavor-packed, keto-friendly meat mixture that’s ready to be stuffed inside of boiled green cabbage leaves.
While you’ll have to spend some prep time carefully rolling each parcel, your hard work will be rewarded. Once you coat your cabbage rolls with a quick-and-easy tomato sauce made with Bulletproof Grass-Fed Ghee and familiar seasonings like salt, black pepper, garlic cloves and thyme, all you have to do is slide your baking dish into the oven and let the 90 minutes of cook time commence.
Ultimately, you’ll be left with 16 delicious keto stuffed cabbage rolls that are gluten-free, full of quality fats and contain just 5g of net carbs per serving size. And, who knows—they may bring you good fortune, too.
You’ll just have to take a few bites to find out.
Keto Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
Cabbage Roll Ingredients
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 cup cauliflower rice (raw)
- 1 onion (finely diced)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Bulletproof Grass-Fed Ghee
- 4 garlic cloves (crushed)
- ½ cup parsley leaves (chopped)
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Immerse the head of cabbage in the boiling water. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until cabbage leaves are pliable.
- While the cabbage is cooking, heat a frying pan and add the ghee. Cook the onion until golden-brown.
- Place the ground lamb, cauliflower rice, cooked onion, egg, herbs and spices in a bowl. Stir to evenly combine.
- Peel 16 large leaves off the cabbage. Lay each cabbage leaf on a flat surface. Use a knife to cut a V-shaped notch to remove the thick part (stem) of the cabbage rib.
- Shape a few tablespoons of the meat mixture into a log and place in the center of a cabbage leaf. Roll the cabbage leaf around the meat mixture to create a parcel. Repeat with remaining meat and cabbage leaves.
- Add the sauce ingredients into a small saucepan on low-medium heat. Whisk to combine.
- Place the stem-side-down cabbage rolls into an oven-proof dish and coat with sauce.
- Cover the dish and bake for 90 minutes, or until cabbage is tender and the meat is cooked through.
- Optionally garnish with fresh herbs or chopped scallions, then serve and enjoy with family and friends.
- Calories: 141
- Fat: 10 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Sugar: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Net Carbs: 5 g
- Sodium: 156 mg
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!