Keto Apple Pie Fat Bombs
By: Amanda Suazo
Apple pie is the perfect marriage of flavors: Buttery crust, sweet apples, warm cinnamon… but seasoned keto dieters know that apples have too much fructose and too many carbs to enjoy all the time. The solution? Apple pie fat bombs: Here to save the day when pie cravings are too tough to bear.
These apple pie fat bombs check all the boxes for tasty pie flavor that fits in your macros. They use real apples and cinnamon and incorporate buttery crust-like pieces for a creamy bite with a little chew to it. If you’re new to keto, this fat bomb recipe will be especially helpful as you learn how to include more fat in your day.
Related: Vanilla Turmeric Anti-Inflammatory Fat Bombs
These apple pie fat bombs don’t skimp on fat, either. They’re loaded with satisfying grass-fed butter, which provides an excellent source of butyrate: A gut-friendly, fat-burning short-chain fatty acid. Combined with added sweetness from apples, butter makes these fat bombs taste like pie a la mode — all while keeping you full and slashing your cravings.
Some people can be sensitive or even allergic to the proteins in apples, so be careful if you avoided them on keto and want to incorporate them back into your diet. When you do buy apples, always go organic — this fruit is one of the worst offenders when it comes to harmful pesticide residues.
This recipe makes many small fat bombs, but it’s easy to adjust if you want more fat in each serving. Use a silicone mold with larger indentations, or even line a regular muffin tin with paper cups and pour more into each one. No matter how you make them, apple pie fat bombs are one sweet treat you won’t feel guilty enjoying.
Keto Apple Pie Fat Bombs
Start to Finish: 3 hours 30 minutes (20 minutes active)
- 1 small organic apple, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon ground Ceylon cinnamon
- 10 tablespoons grass-fed butter, divided
- 4 teaspoons non-GMO erythritol, birch xylitol, or stevia
- 4 teaspoons vanilla, or 1 teaspoon powdered vanilla bean
- 1 teaspoon pure maple extract
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 1 Apple Pie Collagen Protein Bar, cut into chunks
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of butter. When it bubbles, add apple, cinnamon, and sweetener. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until apples soften and sugars begin to caramelize.
- Add remaining butter, vanilla, maple extract, and salt. Stir until butter is melted and ingredients are incorporated.
- Add mixture to a high-powered blender and blend for 1 minute, or until mixture is smooth.
- Add collagen bar chunks and blend again for about 10 seconds, using the lowest speed to avoid damaging delicate proteins.
- Pour fat bomb mixture into silicone molds, a stainless steel ice cube tray, or a lined muffin tin. Freeze for 3 hours, or until firm.
- Remove fat bombs from molds and store covered in the freezer.
Nutritional Information (Per Fat Bomb):
- Calories: 42
- Total Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 15mg
- Total Carbs: 1.6g
- Fiber: .2g
- Sugars: .5g
- Sugar Alcohols: .5g
- Net Carbs: .9g
- Protein: .4g
- Calcium: 1mg
- Potassium: 9mg
Want more recipes?
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter where deliciousness is delivered to your inbox every week!