Keto Frozen Hot Chocolate
Craving a chocolate milkshake but don’t want all those carbohydrates and added sugar? This frozen hot chocolate recipe uses dairy-free milk, a sugar-free Bulletproof Original Milk-Style Chocolate Bar and Bulletproof Chocolate Collagen Protein to create a decadent drink you can indulge in any time.
While traditional hot chocolate recipes typically include hot cocoa mix, whole milk, chocolate syrup and marshmallows, this frozen version only uses ingredients you’d find on a keto shopping list. And while it takes 30 minutes of prep time to bring this drink recipe together, the end result is a delicious, chilled beverage that has that soft serve ice cream mouthfeel—with much better macros.
The “hot chocolate mixture” gets its rich depth from melting a chocolate bar into warm almond milk. Plus, Chocolate Collagen Protein makes this beverage even yummier while also supporting healthy bones, joints and muscles.†
Of course, no mug of hot chocolate would be complete without whipped cream. However, our refined sugar-free version contains Bulletproof Original Creamer, which is made with grass-fed butter and energizing MCTs. The whipped topping (which can be made ahead of time) also includes coconut cream as another source of quality saturated fats.
An added perk, once you know how to make frozen hot chocolate mix, you can customize this drink to make it your own. Dark chocolate enthusiasts can swap in a Bulletproof Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Bar and coffee lovers can add a shot of espresso. Either way, let your creativity shine so you can thoroughly enjoy each and every sip!
Keto Frozen Hot Chocolate
Frozen Hot Chocolate Ingredients
Whipped Topping Ingredients
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 1 scoop Bulletproof Original Creamer
- 2 tbsp powdered monk fruit-erythritol blend
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Place the almond milk in the top half of a double boiler and heat it gently until warm, about 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped chocolate to the almond milk. Continue heating the mixture, whisking it frequently, until the chocolate melts completely.
- Set the warm chocolate almond milk mixture aside and let it cool to room temperature.
- While cooling, make the whipped topping. Combine the coconut cream, Creamer, sweetener and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer to mix for about 2 minutes, or until it resembles a fluffy, whipped-cream consistency. Set the bowl in the refrigerator to chill.
- Pour the cooled chocolate milk into a blender. Add the Collagen, ice cubes and salt. Blend for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until the mixture is well combined and thick. Taste and add more ice or Collagen, if needed.
- Pour the frozen hot chocolate into serving glasses and spoon equal amounts of the whipped topping. Garnish with a sprinkle of chocolate shavings and enjoy!
- Calories: 402
- Fat: 26 g
- Protein: 20 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sugar Alcohols: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Net Carbs: 7 g
- Sodium: 301 mg
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!