No-Bean Keto Chili
A warm and hearty bowl of keto chili is the deliciousness you’ve been craving…
This low-carb chili recipe is easy to cook and great for meal prep—or to share with the entire family. Thanks to quality fats from grass-fed beef (or lamb) and Bulletproof Grass-Fed Ghee, you’ll be able to meet your keto macros.
All you need is a trusty frying pan to get this chili party started. Simply brown your meat, onion and garlic, then add all of the remaining ingredients and let it simmer for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour. Remember: The longer it simmers, the less liquidy it will be. And, the simmer also helps develop all of the mouthwatering flavors! If you taste as you go, you can also increase the spiciness by adding in extra cayenne pepper (take it one shake at a time).
If you prefer the slow cooker keto chili recipe route, simply saute the onions, garlic, zucchini, red pepper and ground beef or lamb until it has some color. Once that’s done, toss everything into the CrockPot for 6-7 hours on low. If your chili is still too liquidy after this time, you can remove the lid and let it simmer for another 30 minutes to 1 hour to help the liquid reduce. Or, transfer the chili contents into a frying pan and mix in 1 tablespoon of Bulletproof Collagelatin to help thicken the concoction.
Once your keto-friendly chili is ready, ladle it into your favorite bowl and dress it with herbs and coconut yogurt (a more nutritious optional than sour cream). No beans, no problem. Thanks to the various textures and tantalizing flavors, you’ll be satiated with a smile between spoonfuls.
No-Bean Keto Chili
Start to Finish: 90 Minutes
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef or lamb
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, finely diced (substitute 2 shallots, finely sliced, per onion)
- 1 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1 zucchini, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1-2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2-1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp. Bulletproof Collagelatin
- 2 Tbsp. Bulletproof Grass-Fed Ghee
- 1 tsp. fresh herbs for garnish (we used chives)
- 1/2 tsp. chili flakes
- 1 generous scoop of quality coconut yogurt
- Optional: 1/2 bell pepper, finely diced
- Optional: 1 jalapeño, sliced
- Heat frying pan over medium heat. Add 1 Tbsp. ghee and either onion or shallots and garlic, and fry until golden-brown.
- Add 1 Tbsp. of ghee and ground beef (or lamb), along with bell peppers and jalapeño (if including) and sauté until meat is browned.
- Add spices, zucchini, salt, pepper, tomato paste and broth. Stir to combine, and simmer for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Speed up the thickening process by adding 1-2 Tbsp. Bulletproof Collagelatin.
- Taste chili and add additional chili powder or cayenne pepper, if desired.
- Spoon into bowl, garnish with chives and chili flakes. Top with coconut yogurt, and enjoy!
Makes: 5 bowls
Nutritional Information (1 bowl of chili):
- Calories: 215
- Fat: 10.5g
- Saturated Fat: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Salt: 591mg
- Carbs: 6.8g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Sugar: 2.5g
- Protein: 24.2g
Let's Get Cookin'!
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!