No-Bean Keto Chili
A warm and hearty bowl of keto chili is the deliciousness you’ve been craving…
This low-carb chili recipe is easy to cook and great for meal prep—or to share with the entire family. Thanks to quality fats from grass-fed beef (or lamb) and Bulletproof Grass-Fed Ghee, you’ll be able to meet your keto macros.
All you need is a trusty frying pan to get this chili party started. Simply brown your meat, onion and garlic, then add all of the remaining ingredients and let it simmer for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour. Remember: The longer it simmers, the less liquidy it will be. And, the simmer also helps develop all of the mouthwatering flavors! If you taste as you go, you can also increase the spiciness by adding in extra cayenne pepper (take it one shake at a time).
If you prefer the slow cooker keto chili recipe route, simply saute the onions, garlic, zucchini, red pepper and ground beef or lamb until it has some color. Once that’s done, toss everything into the CrockPot for 6-7 hours on low. If your chili is still too liquidy after this time, you can remove the lid and let it simmer for another 30 minutes to 1 hour to help the liquid reduce. Or, transfer the chili contents into a frying pan and mix in 1 tablespoon of Bulletproof Collagelatin to help thicken the concoction.
Once your keto-friendly chili is ready, ladle it into your favorite bowl and dress it with herbs and coconut yogurt (a more nutritious optional than sour cream). No beans, no problem. Thanks to the various textures and tantalizing flavors, you’ll be satiated with a smile between spoonfuls.
No-Bean Keto Chili
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef (or lamb)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 onion (finely diced)
- 1 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1 zucchini (finely diced)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 1-2 tbsp Bulletproof Collagelatin
- 2 tbsp Bulletproof Grass-Fed Ghee
- 1 cup coconut yogurt (garnish)
- 1 tsp fresh herbs (garnish)
- Heat frying pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of Grass-Fed Ghee and fry the diced onion and minced garlic until golden-brown.
- Add another tablespoon of Ghee and ground beef (or lamb) and sauté until meat is browned.
- Add spices, zucchini, salt, pepper, tomato paste and broth. Stir to combine, and simmer for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Speed up the thickening process by adding 1-2 tablespoons of Collagelatin.
- Taste the mixture and add additional chili powder or cayenne pepper, if desired.
- Ladle into a bowl, garnish with chives and chili flakes, top with coconut yogurt and enjoy!
- Calories: 434
- Fat: 32 g
- Protein: 23 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Sugar: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Net Carbs: 11 g
- Sodium: 983 mg
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!