Is Bulletproof Coffee Good for You? Why You Want Quality Fats in Your Coffee
- Bulletproof Coffee is a creamy, satisfying beverage that helps you feel full and focused. It’s made with clean coffee, grass-fed butter and Bulletproof Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil.
- Wait, butter? Contrary to popular belief, fat is an essential nutrient. Butter does make everything better—but quality matters.
- Learn why people start their day with Bulletproof Coffee and how to make it at home. (It’s easy!)
If butter makes everything better, then butter coffee sounds like a double win. Bulletproof Coffee is a blend of three hard-working ingredients: grass-fed butter, Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil and clean coffee. But if you’re new to the world of keto coffee, butter and MCT oil in your coffee may sound…different, to say the least. So, is Bulletproof Coffee good for you?
Why your cup of coffee tastes better with fat
It’s true—fat makes food (and coffee) taste better.
Think about adding a splash of cream to your morning brew. It makes your coffee extra rich, right? That’s because heavy cream has more fat (and why skim milk just isn’t the same). Many bottled creamers contain with extra oils to give you that creamy mouthfeel—and added sugar for flavor.
The Bulletproof Coffee recipe is different because every ingredient works together to make your coffee do more. Yeah, there’s butter in there. But it also contains satisfying fats, nutrients from grass-fed butter and ketone-boosting MCT oil, all with no carbohydrates or sugar.
Bulletproof Coffee is made with quality ingredients
Bulletproof Coffee contains carefully selected ingredients that satisfy hunger, kick-start fat-burning and support cognitive function. We call grass-fed butter and MCT oil quality fats because they’re very different than standard butter and coconut oil with major health benefits.
- Grass-fed butter: Butter is just churned cream. But you want to use unsalted, grass-fed butter, which falls in a higher quality category than vegetable oil, margarine or any other butter. Grass-fed butter is a nutrient-dense source of saturated fat, and it doesn’t contain the same chemicals, hormones or antibiotics. Stuff you don’t need in your morning joe. And if butter isn’t your jam, just blend your coffee with Bulletproof Grass-Fed Ghee.
- Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil: This is fat-burning fuel. Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil is pure C8 medium-chain triglycerides, aka the most ketogenic MCT oil. This MCT oil helps you feel energized, satisfied and focused, even if you aren’t on the keto diet. Heads up: It’s made from coconuts, but MCT oil isn’t coconut oil.
The fatty acids in grass-fed butter and Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil fill you up and stay with you, providing steady energy levels so you avoid the mid-afternoon crash from the carbs you get in other breakfast foods like bagels and donuts.
Oh, and don’t forget about the coffee. Some brands of coffee contain low-quality beans that make you feel lousy, thanks to mold toxins. Bulletproof coffee beans are tested for toxins. They’re made from smooth, bold, Arabica beans that have been expertly picked and sorted for the highest-quality brew. That means drinking this coffee can make a difference in the way you feel.
What’s more, all four Bulletproof coffee roasts pair well with butter and MCT oil. They’re made specifically for the Bulletproof Coffee recipe. (But hey, black coffee drinkers—these beans also taste great on their own).
It’s great for ketosis
If you’re on the ketogenic diet, the Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil really works its magic.
Brain Octane Oil rapidly converts to ketones, which are an alternative to the glucose your body usually uses for fuel. Ketones affect hunger hormones to curb your appetite. Your brain loves ketones, which is why keto dieters report better mental clarity when they’re in ketosis. And since fats can make you feel full, you may find that you have more energy and fewer cravings when you start your day with Bulletproof Coffee.
All that to say, the benefits of Bulletproof Coffee are especially great on the keto high-fat diet. It’s rich in quality fats from MCT oil and unsalted butter, which helps you hit your keto fat intake macros. It’s naturally low-carb. And it boosts ketone production. Those are big wins across the board.
It’s great for breakfast
This isn’t just keto coffee. Bulletproof Coffee is also a great breakfast option or pick-me-up, whether you follow a paleo diet, low-carb diet or “just want to support my wellness” diet. A cup of Bulletproof Coffee doesn’t deliver the added sugar that comes with a standard balanced breakfast, like fruit juices, smoothies and sugary coffee drinks. That means you won’t get the same blood sugar crash—hello, lasting energy.
It also blends well with ingredients like collagen peptides. Add a scoop of Bulletproof Vanilla Collagen Protein to make a delicious vanilla latte.
Looking for more coffee ideas? Take care of your gut health with this Prebiotic Bulletproof Coffee with Collagen Protein. Bonus: prebiotic fiber boosts satiety, so you’ll feel even fuller, longer.
Some people don’t like (or can’t drink) coffee. The good news is you can apply the Bulletproof Coffee formula to other drinks, like this Bulletproof Matcha Latte or Keto Iced Matcha Latte. Experiment with different beverages and add-ins to find what works for you. What matters is that you enjoy it and enjoy the way it makes you feel.
Sign up for early access to sales, product launches, the latest Bulletproof news and more!