How to Reduce Holiday Stress in 2020
- Manage holiday stress by implementing simple strategies, such as following a nutritious diet, meditating and exercising regularly.
- Don’t let the pandemic and social distancing stop you from celebrating the holidays. From decorating your home to hosting a virtual party, you can still enjoy this holiday season—even if you’re not able to be with family and friends.
- Supplements play a legitimate role in supporting us through the annual holiday stress we usually experience by helping us maintain focus, clarity and normal immune function.
It’s safe to say that 2020 will be a major chapter in the history books of our lives. From being quarantined inside our homes to wearing face masks out in public, enduring the COVID-19 pandemic has certainly been a huge challenge. And, for social butterflies like me, the concept of #socialdistancing has only made this year even more difficult. With 2020 winding down (finally!), that means all of the major holiday celebrations are right around the corner.
Already experiencing some holiday stress? Don’t panic. While the holiday season can already be draining whenever there’s family drama or major life changes involved, you can follow some simple tips and strategies to manage this year’s holiday stress levels. From exercising to eating healthy to utilizing Bulletproof supplements, like Bulletproof Forbose capsules and Bulletproof Zen Mode, there are several holiday stress management techniques that you can adopt to support your daily routine.
Why 2020 holiday stress may amplify this season
The COVID-19 pandemic threw all of our 2020 plans way off track. For the last 11 months, we’ve had to adjust our lives in many different ways because of the coronavirus.
Restaurants, bars and gyms across the United States closed entirely or had their hours and service dramatically altered. After months off, students finally went back to school…mostly online.
The unemployment rate skyrocketed due to millions of Americans losing their jobs. Without a steady source of income, many people have dealt with money problems in 2020. Still, some have taken advantage of that freedom to start their own businesses, build out pet projects or take on new hobbies in order to make the best of a pretty crummy situation.
Plus, with social distancing measures in full effect, some of us haven’t been able to visit with family and friends. And, with the pandemic still ongoing, the possibility exists that the most wonderful time of the year will not include family gatherings with our loved ones in 2020.
Using Supplements to Help Manage Holiday Stress
Utilizing supplements can be an effective technique in managing the holiday hustle and bustle. After all, the anxiety that surrounds visiting or hosting family, preparing meals and buying gifts can be overwhelming and may cause you to lose sleep and knock you off your game.
Whether you need immune support or want to achieve better relaxation and sleep, there are several products available that serve specific purposes.
When you’re not feeling your best, it’s critical to keep your immune system operating at peak capacity…and supplements can help.
Bulletproof Glutathione Force not only provides immune support but also helps with detoxification and supports cellular protection. You may also want to add Bulletproof InnerFuel to your supplement regimen, as it nourishes good gut bacteria and boosts your immunity.
If you need an energy boost to get you motivated and engaged for the holiday season, there are several supplements you may want to consider:
- Bulletproof Brain Octane Oil Softgels: C8 MCT oil provides brain-powering ketone energy all in a convenient soft gel form.
- Forbose: When you need to power your mitochondria during a workout, this supplement helps boost your cells’ ability to create and use ATP (a natural compound that provides energy).
- Bulletproof KetoPrime: Thanks to oxaloacetate, this supplement supports healthy cells and energy production.
- Bulletproof Unfair Advantage: Looking for an energy boost without caffeine? This supplement helps fuel mitochondria and supports your brain and body. You can take one dose up to four times per day whenever you need sustained energy.
Focus and Mental Clarity
Holiday stress can leave your brain feeling foggy. So, if you need to clear your mind and get focused, you may want to consider Bulletproof Neuromaster. Thanks to the power of coffee fruit extract and naturally occurring caffeine, this supplement supports attention, focus and neuron creation.
Another useful supplement that supports mental clarity and alertness is Smart Mode. The stimulant-free cognition formula contains a unique blend of brain-supporting nutrients that will provide you with a clear mind to focus.
Relaxation and Sleep
If you don’t manage holiday stress effectively, you may have trouble sleeping. Make sure to support yourself with supplements that help you relax and get good rest. After all, you don’t want to run out of steam in the middle of a holiday feast!
Zen Mode capsules contain science-backed ingredients like saffron, holy basil and magnesium that help support your mood and stress reduction. If you need to cut back on holiday stress, this supplement can work to assist with some much-needed relaxation.
And once your day has come to a close, you’ll want to give your body (and your mind) proper rest. Bulletproof Sleep Mode is non-habit-forming and contains L-ornithine and plant-based melatonin, ingredients that support healthy sleep. (Who doesn’t want less stress and better rest?)
Related: Melatonin for Sleep: Does it Work?
Go ahead and enjoy yourself this holiday season! Then, if you need a body detox supplement to help get you back on track, we’ve got one that can help. Sourced from 100% coconut shells, Bulletproof Coconut Charcoal helps eliminate everyday toxins. By capturing and binding everyday toxins and gas, this detox supplement will have you feeling back to normal again.
Holiday Stress Management Tips
When it comes to holiday stress management techniques, there are several ways you can give your brain and body a helpful boost. Here are four techniques that can help you destress this holiday season:
1. Exercise regularly
While going to the gym may not be an option for many, you can still reduce holiday stress by exercising regularly. And, just because you can’t hop on a treadmill or load up a barbell doesn’t mean you can’t break a sweat and burn some calories.
Whether you work out at home with the help of a virtual class or go for an invigorating run around your neighborhood, exercising on a regular basis can be an effective holiday stress management technique.
…And, there’s science to back that up!
According to the Mayo Clinic, physical activity increases the production of endorphins—your brain’s “feel-good” neurotransmitters. So, if you want to relieve some holiday stress and experience the benefits of a runner’s high, lace up your athletic shoes, put on your favorite podcast and go for a jog.
Pro tip: No one expects you to run a 6-minute mile—no matter how much Bulletproof Coffee you consume! If walking is more your speed, get in those steps (at your own pace) and simply enjoy the fresh air.
2. Ask for Support
Don’t feel like you have to manage holiday stress all on your own! It is always okay to ask for help.
When you feel like you need to take a break to vent, lean on a family member or friend. If that’s not an option for you, find a mental health specialist in your area who can help you navigate through any challenges you’re facing.
And, even though social distancing is still very much the norm, all it takes is a FaceTime or video chat to get a conversation going. So, if you’re feeling down as the holidays come around, put your well-being first and take a few minutes to talk to a friend, family member or mental health professional.
3. Meditate and practice yoga
Meditation can be a helpful way to keep holiday stress at bay. In fact, studies show that meditation significantly lowers stress and reduces anxiety.
Whether you start with a five-minute stretching session or take things further with a 30-minute sun salutation sequence, your brain and body will thank you.
And, if you really want to take your holiday stress strategy to the next level, you should consider giving Yoga Nidra a try. This combination of meditation and yoga prompts your body to relax deeply with the ultimate goal of achieving a hypnagogic state (the transition between wakefulness and sleep).
The best part?
Experts believe that one half-hour practice of Yoga Nidra equates to two hours of deep sleep! Put your health first with this relaxing method of self-care.
Even if you can’t attend in-person classes, you can still practice yoga from the comfort of your home. Simply download an app or attend a virtual class to enjoy the many benefits of mindfulness, meditation and yoga this holiday season.
3. Eat healthy
Let’s face it. Everyone loves holiday meals. But to keep holiday stress in check, it’s important to keep an eye on what you’re eating. After all, it’s easy to lose track and indulge a little too often in foods that may not be ideal for your waistline.
Following a specific diet can help you maintain a healthy weight, or just maintain good overall health. So, if you want to manage holiday stress, you may want to consider a diet such as:
- Keto: By making fat your primary fuel source, you can enjoy benefits such as mental clarity, blood sugar control and reduced inflammation. To support ketosis, incorporate Bulletproof Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil into your coffee, and fuel your morning with beneficial fats.
- Low-carb: Reducing your carbohydrate intake can help with weight management and also improve brain function. When going low-carb, you can swap carb-loaded foods for those with more protein or quality fats.
- Intermittent fasting: Although it is not necessarily a diet, intermittent fasting (IF) does offer several health-related benefits. By eating only during a specific period of time, your body can clear out cellular waste more easily through a process called autophagy. Moreover, you can combine IF with eating a keto diet to experience the energy benefits provided by ketones.
How to indulge during the holiday season
Of course, sticking to a diet can be a major source of holiday stress. I mean, how can you say no to grandma’s famous apple pie, right? (I’m not sure I can.)
Indulging doesn’t have to completely knock you off your game, though. If you are following a low-carb diet, you can make portion-controlled desserts like bite-size Paleo Mexican Wedding Cakes. By utilizing Bulletproof Grass-Fed Ghee and Bulletproof Vanilla Collagen Protein, along with low-carb sweetener, you can satisfy your sweet tooth without messing up your macros!
Ultimately, the message here is that it’s all about balance.
Start by setting boundaries with your indulgences. So, if you budgeted one slice of pecan pie into your macros, don’t go back for seconds!
By setting barriers this holiday season, you won’t feel mentally guilty when you do indulge. Plus, your digestive system won’t be giving you a karmic kick in the gut the next day.
How to Enjoy the Holidays Solo
Although the holidays are typically a time for family and friends to come together, the pandemic has thrown a wrench in that plan for many. But, don’t let that stop you from having the perfect holiday!
If the pandemic is keeping you from seeing your family, there are several ways you can still enjoy the holiday season. Some ideas include:
- Decorating your home with the holiday decor that brings charm, cheer and character. You’ll be surprised at how just a few sparkling accents can brighten the mood and set the stage for a fun and festive holiday season.
- Enjoying holiday parties with your friends and family. Celebrate virtually through Zoom or Skype. Trust me…brunch still tastes just as good.
- Spending time with family or friends at a socially distanced, outdoor happy hour. (Make sure to refer to the guidelines currently enforced in your state.) This can help relieve holiday stress, along with providing the breath of crisp, fresh air you need!
- Spicing up your holiday season by treating yourself to a lavish meal. Go ahead and unleash your culinary skills. Or, you let your favorite local chef take charge by providing some tasty takeout, and you’ll sleep soundly with a full stomach and heart.
- Joining a gift exchange. Gift-giving doesn’t have to stop just because of the pandemic. If you’re spending the holidays on your own, experience the joy of gifting remotely. You’ll have a chance to put a smile on someone else’s face and someone will do the same for you!
- Creating something for your home. If you’re at home during the holiday season, now’s the time to give that DIY project a try. Completing a productive home project can be a stress-free and therapeutic outlet.
- Taking care of yourself. An aromatherapy bath with beneficial Epsom salt and some soothing mood music can free your mind (and body) of stress, tension and any icky feelings that may be keeping you down during the holiday season. Make wellness a top priority!
The bottom line: Healthy living during the holidays should be a part of your lifestyle—not a chore. Don’t let your mind get out of control from stressors. Just take a few deep breaths and implement some of the above tips for managing holiday stress. That way, you can finish 2020 off on a strong note before entering the new year!
Learn more about supplements and how they can support your mind and body leading into the 2020 holiday season.
Sign up for early access to sales, product launches, the latest Bulletproof news and more!