Keto Thumbprint Cookies
Whether you’re hosting a holiday celebration for family and friends, planning a night of cookie decorating with the kids or simply searching for a sin-free way to satisfy your cravings on the keto diet, you can’t go wrong with these keto thumbprint cookies. Refined sugar-free, grain-free and surprisingly easy to make, they’re a yummy treat that’s perfect for low-carb dieters.
What separates this thumbprint cookie recipe from all the others? Ours contains keto-friendly swaps and Bulletproof Vanilla Bean Energy Collagen Protein, which provides the building blocks for healthy skin, bones, muscles and joints, plus adaptogens and MCT oil to keep you fueled.† Meanwhile, Bulletproof Grass-Fed Ghee adds quality fats and helps the shortbread cookies achieve that signature rich, buttery texture.
This recipe also checks all the boxes for the keto crowd by using a Bulletproof-approved sweetener as a sugar substitute in both the dough and the teaspoon of jam that will eventually nestle in the center of each cookie. Don’t worry about the raspberry jam not having the right consistency, either. Bulletproof Collagelatin gives a friendly assist in the thickening department—without altering the flavor at all. (No xanthan gum needed here!)
With only 2g of net carbs per serving size, these keto thumbprint cookies not only look and taste fantastic, but they also have incredibly friendly macros. Once prep time is finished, your oven has worked its magic and your homemade jam has reached the right thickness, all you need is a spoon to make a delicious indent to bring everything together with a pop of raspberry goodness.
Seeking a companion for this yummy platter of treats? We recommend pairing these low-carb thumbprint cookies with a warm mug of Bulletproof Original Coffee.
Disclaimer: Find a good hiding place, because this keto cookie recipe will undoubtedly be in high demand—by your entire clan!
Keto Thumbprint Cookies
Raspberry Jam Ingredients
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 tsp Bulletproof Collagelatin
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp granulated monk fruit-erythritol blend
- Preheat the oven to 340°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- To make the jam, add all ingredients into a saucepan on a low-medium heat and allow the mixture to simmer and thicken for 10-15 minutes (you want some of the liquid to evaporate).
- Next, make the cookie dough. Add all cookie ingredients into the food processor and blitz until combined evenly. Note: You should be able to roll the mix into a nice dough. If the cookie dough seems a bit too soft and tacky, place in the refrigerator for around 20 minutes to harden, which will make it easier to handle.
- Roll the mixture into 15 balls. Carefully flatten into discs with your hand.
- Place on the lined cookie sheet and use your index finger to press down into the center of each disc to create a deep, round indentation.
- Use a small teaspoon to scoop a little of the jam into the indentations in each cookie, around 1-2 teaspoons per cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until they are golden-brown along the edges.
- Store leftover jam in a glass jar in the refrigerator for you next batch of thumbprint cookies, or to enjoy on other keto-friendly baked goods.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before transferring them. Note: They will be very soft straight out of the oven, so it's important to allow them to cool first before handling.
- Enjoy your holiday cookies or store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days, or up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Calories: 151
- Fat: 11 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sugar Alcohols: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Net Carbs: 2 g
- Sodium: 12 mg
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!