Coconut and Lemon Sugar Cookies
By: Jordan Pie
By adding both coconut flour and lemon juice to these keto sugar cookies, you get so much great flavor in an already tasty cookie. And as a bonus, these keto Coconut and Lemon Sugar Cookies are free from gluten, sugar and grains. Enjoy these cookies with tea or a creamy cup of Bulletproof Coffee for a sweet treat—and save the MCT oil royal icing recipe for your future baking projects!
Coconut and Lemon Sugar Cookies
Start to Finish: 3 hours 30 minutes
- 1 3/4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp. softened butter or Bulletproof Grass-Fed Ghee
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup granulated sweetener of your choice
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract or 1/2 tsp. vanilla powder
- Pinch of salt
MCT Oil Royal Icing
- 2 Tbsp. Bulletproof Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil
- 1-1.5 Tbsp. powdered sweetener of choice
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla powder or 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 big Tbsp. coconut butter (unmelted)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Lemon zest for garnish
- Mix all of the cookie ingredients together until evenly combined. Roll the dough into a ball.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and place into the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Slice the dough in half and roll one of the halves out evenly in between two pieces of parchment paper with a rolling pin. Roll into 1/4 inch thickness (or roughly 1/8 inch for thinner cookies).
- Cut into shapes with cutters of your choice, or use a round drinking glass if you don’t have any cookie cutters. Place cut cookies on the lined baking sheets, about 1 inch apart, then place in the freezer again for 10 minutes (to prevent spreading). Repeat this process until you’ve used up all of the cookie dough scraps. You should make approximately 26 cookies with this amount of dough.
- Bake cookies, one sheet at a time, on the middle rack for 10-12 minutes, or until edges are light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes, or until they harden. If you’ve made slightly thicker cookies, the base of the cookies may still be a little blonde, so carefully turn them over and place them back into the oven to finish cooking the base until they’re a light golden brown. This should take about 5 minutes, but keep an eye on them.
- Once the cookies are ready, remove them from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- While they’re cooling, you can make the icing. In a small saucepan, add all of the icing ingredients and melt on a low heat. Mix until evenly combined and smooth. Taste and adjust the lemon juice or sweetener as desired.
- When the cookies are completely cooled, drizzle the icing over the top of the cookies evenly and sprinkle with lemon zest. Enjoy!
Makes: 26 cookies
Nutritional Information (per cookie):
- Calories: 96
- Protein: 1.7g
- Carbs: 5.1g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Sugar: 0.4g
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Salt: 33mg
Want more recipes?
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter where deliciousness is delivered to your inbox every week!