Cobb Salad Skewers
Cobb salad on a stick may sound a bit out-of-the-box, but once you sink your teeth into this super-simple recipe, you’ll seriously reconsider your stance on serving salad on skewers.
Whether you’re searching for an appetizer that doesn’t require much cook time or you’re looking for a low-carb side dish to bring to a family BBQ or picnic, these cobb salad skewers will certainly do the trick. Not only does this dish feature fresh veggies in the form of cherry tomatoes and butter lettuce leaves, but it also includes an excellent source of monounsaturated fats with the addition of avocado. Crispy pieces of bacon and quartered hard-boiled eggs also make this salad recipe an excellent choice for keto and low-carb dieters.
Plus, instead of drowning your cobb salad skewers in high-calorie buttermilk ranch dressing or dairy-containing blue cheese dressing, you’ll be drizzling your homemade kabobs with something simple and more health-supportive. Combining high-quality balsamic vinegar with Bulletproof Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil gives you a dressing that’s classy, tasty and keto-friendly.
Although it takes a few minutes of prep time to assemble all the components of these cobb salad skewers, this is one of those delicious recipes that’s bound to make pasta salad a thing of the past at your family gatherings.
Cobb Salad Skewers
- 6 butter lettuce leaves
- 4 hard-boiled eggs (halved or quartered)
- 1 avocado (peeled and sliced into chunks)
- 6 strips bacon
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 10 bamboo skewers
- 5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp Bulletproof Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil
- Add the chopped avocado into a small bowl and cover it in the lemon juice evenly. This will help prevent the avocado from browning.
- Slice the lettuce leaves into bite-sized square pieces.
- Fold the bacon or prosciutto into bite-sized pieces.
- Begin to layer the salad onto the skewers in any order. (Note: We made approximately 10.)
- Add the balsamic vinegar and Brain Octane MCT Oil into a small dish and stir to combine.
- Place the skewers onto a serving dish and drizzle with dressing.
- Hand out your cobb salad skewers to friends and family, and enjoy!
- Calories: 93
- Fat: 7 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Sugar: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Net Carbs: 2 g
- Sodium: 31 mg
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!