Bulletproof Veggie Buddha Bowl
The Bulletproof Diet is all about healthy fats, high-quality protein from animals, wild fish, and pastured eggs, and plenty of polyphenol-rich vegetables. But meat at every meal isn’t mandatory.
In fact, Bulletproof Protein Fasting is a tenant of the Bulletproof Diet that can help reduce inflammation and kick start fat loss. It’s simple: one day every week, limit your protein intake to about 15-25 grams of protein. Fill the rest of your plate with fresh and lightly cooked veggies and drizzle with Brain Octane Oil or grass-fed ghee.
The below Veggie Buddha Bowl from our friend Jordan Pie is a great example of a meal you’ll make on a protein fasting day or when you don’t have any pastured meat or wild fish on hand. Enjoy!
Veggie Buddha Bowl
Prep Time: 10 min.
Total Time: 20 min.
Makes: 2 servings
- 2 poached pasture raised eggs
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 carrots
- 2 radish
- 1/2 cucumber
- spinach leaves, lightly steamed
- 1/2 cup cauliflower rice, sauteed in ghee
- Garnishes; fresh herbs, fresh lemon, salt to sprinkle on top, a drizzle of Brain Octane Oil on top
- Optional add ins: 2 slices of pastured bacon
- Add the spinach and cauliflower rice as the base of the bowl.
- Begin to arrange the veggies and poached eggs on top.
- Add your garnishes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serving size: 469g (for two)
Total fat 42g
Sat Fat 12g
Total Carb 30g
Dietary Fiber 16.8g
Vitamin A 222%
Vitamin C 97%
Join over 1 million fans
Sign-up for the Bulletproof mailing list and receive the latest news and updates!