Best Blenders for Bulletproof Coffee (and Other Hot Liquids)
- What’s the key to getting your buttery Bulletproof Coffee creamy and frothy? A blender.
- Some blenders are better suited to blending hot liquids than others.
- When you’re shopping for the best Bulletproof Coffee blender, make sure you’re picking one that can stand up to high heat and fats day-after-day.
- While most of the blenders on this list cost a few hundred dollars, it helps to view it as a long-term investment in your health.
- Skip to the end of the article to get your list of the best Bulletproof Coffee blenders that stand up to hot liquids.
What’s the key to getting your buttery Bulletproof Coffee creamy and frothy? A blender. Sure, you can whisk it by hand, but you’d need a lot of arm power to get the right consistency, and you may end up with an oily top layer. When you whiz up the ground coffee, grass-fed butter, and Brain Octane Oil in a good-quality blender, you get what looks like a latte without the actual milk and cream.
As you’ve probably learned from experience, not just any blender will do. That’s because some blenders are better suited to blending hot liquids than others. Below, a roundup of the best blenders for every budget, according to Bulletproof founder Dave Asprey, and Bulletproof Coffee drinkers.
Related: Recipe — How to Make Bulletproof Coffee
What to look for in a Bulletproof Coffee blender
Choose glass or high-quality plastic: When you’re shopping for your Bulletproof Coffee blender, make sure you’re picking one that can stand up to high heat and fats day-after-day. A low-cost blender is OK if you’re on a budget, but be warned — cheaper plastic doesn’t handle fats and heat so well, and the jar could crack, says Dave. Your best bet is to choose a blender based on its reviews, and avoid those that reviewers say crack easily when blending Bulletproof Coffee and other hot liquids.
Avoid inversion blenders: You also want to avoid “upside-down” blenders like the Nutribullet. They’re great for smoothies, but not so great for hot drinks. “When the heat builds up, it sends hot liquid through the seal, causing spills,” says Dave. Day-after-day, these leaks seep into the blender’s motor, shortening its lifespan.
While some of the blenders on this list cost a few hundred dollars, it helps to view it as a long-term investment in your health. A one-time payment will yield years of fat-burning, brain-fueling coffee, nutrient-dense smoothies, vegetable mash, and creamy soups.
Best Bulletproof Coffee blenders
The Blendtec is the most powerful option on the market. The company released a series of videos called, “Will It Blend?” to prove just how strong the blades are. Watch (in awe and horror) as an Amazon Echo device gets whizzed up until it resembles ash. [Disclaimer: do not try this at home].
“Blendtec has the ‘cool factor,’ but it’s expensive,” says Dave. Watch him make a Bulletproof Coffee using a Blendtec here.
- Nice variety of colors (red, white, and black)
- The flat sides make it easy to clean
- Easy-to-use touchpad
- Preprogrammed options for smoothies, soups, and crushing ice
- Pricey — the classic model will set you back $278
- 3-year warranty — not as generous as other brands like the Vitamix
Beloved by raw foodies, the Vitamix is another high-end blender that “totally gets the job done,” says Dave. But be warned: It doesn’t come cheap, and basic models start at $349.
- 7-year warranty
- Speed dial that allows you to gradually increase the speed if needed
- Comes with a “tamper,” a long, cylindrical plastic tool that you can use while the blender is running to break up air pockets and stuck food. Not necessary when blending coffee, but useful if you also plan to make smoothies and soups in your Vitamix
- Heats while blending
Cuisinart Peak Hurricane Pro
Another favorite of Dave’s, the Cuisinart Peak Hurricane Pro is a luxury blender that transforms your Bulletproof Coffee into creamy goodness.
Watch this Bulletproof follower make his morning coffee using a Cuisinart Hurricane Pro blender (a heads-up — it’ll have you craving a cup by the end).
- Pre-programmed options for smoothies and soups
- Timer option
- Stylish colors — gunmetal or white — if that’s your thing
- Pricey — $292 on Amazon
Ninja Professional Blender
The Ninja is a good option if you’re in the market for a more budget-friendly Bulletproof Coffee blender. At $89.99, it’s significantly more affordable than the Blendtec, Vitamix, and Cuisinart. A few customers have reported issues with heat — one Bulletproof customer said the jug “cracked after one use,” while others report no problems.
- Sleek design
- Large 72 oz. jar (standard is 64 oz.)
- Comes in just one color — black
- Only a 1-year warranty
- No manual speed option — 3 preset speeds
Various Oster models get a big thumbs-up from Bulletproof Coffee drinkers, who claim it can withstand heat, frozen fruit, ice, and just about any other foodstuff. It’s glass, not plastic, so you avoid any harmful chemicals leaching into your drinks. Another plus? The Oster Beehive — a fan favorite — costs just $50.
Says one Bulletproof Coffee drinker: “I’ve been using the Oster Beehive for about 10 years. It works great and I’ve had no problems. It completely liquefies vegetables, fruits, etc.”
Pro tip: preheat with a bit of warm water to protect the glass from cracking when you pour hot coffee in.
- Glass jar = no harmful chemicals
- Hot liquid could crack glass jar
- Only 2 speeds
- Some users claim the lid flies off easily, so you need to hold it down while blending
Kitchenaid 2-speed Hand Blender
A lot of Bulletproof Coffee drinkers choose a simple immersion blender to blend their coffee. It’s a quick and easy-to-clean option.
The Kitchenaid 2-speed Hand Blender is straightforward and affordable. According to one Amazon reviewer, “Makes [my Bulletproof Coffee] delicious and frothy every day. I can’t imagine having to use a regular blender for my daily coffee — all that clean up! This is perfect.”
To avoid messy splashes or spills, blend your coffee in a large mason jar or ceramic pitcher, then pour into your mug once frothy.
- At $39.99, it won’t break the bank
- Quick cleanup
- Doesn’t take up counter space like an ordinary blender
- 12 playful color options, including watermelon, empire red, and apple green
- Potential to get messy while blending
- Only two speeds
If you already use one of the Bulletproof Coffee blenders on the list, or you decide to try one, leave a comment about your experience below. Happy blending!
Sign up for early access to sales, product launches, the latest Bulletproof news and more!