Keto Chocolate Chunk Blondies
When your sweet tooth starts acting up, don’t settle for store-bought brownies that contain so many ingredients it’ll make your head spin. Instead, indulge in a delicious dessert that features that familiar buttery, fudgy mouthfeel of brownies and the decadent richness of chunks of a Bulletproof Original Milk-Style Chocolate Bar mixed in. By the time you bite into this keto blondies recipe, you’ll feel instant gratification for the 10 minutes of prep time you put into this yummy (and refined sugar-free!) treat.
While many keto dessert recipes rely on coconut oil to bring a batter together, we use a combination of Bulletproof Grass Fed-Ghee, almond butter and two large eggs to get the job done. All three are good sources of quality fats, and 2 scoops of Bulletproof Vanilla Bean Energy Collagen Protein provide MCT oil, adaptogens and the building blocks that support healthy bones, muscles and skin.† Plus, this easy-to-make low-carb dessert uses a Bulletproof-approved brown sugar substitute and sugar-free chocolate chips (chunks of our sugar-free Chocolate Bar) to keep things keto-friendly.
In addition, these low-carb blondies also stay grain-free by using coconut flour and almond flour, along with baking soda to round out the dry ingredients.
With only 2g of net carbs per serving size, this keto blondies recipe allows you to enjoy a sweet treat with none of the guilt. Of course, after 20 minutes of cook time, you’ll have to wait another 20 or so for your golden-brown blondies to firm up as they reach room temperature.
Rest assured, though, the wait will be well worth it.
Keto Chocolate Chunk Blondies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8-inch baking dish with parchment paper, leaving some excess paper on each side. If possible, clip the paper down so it remains out of the way.
- Use an electric mixer to combine the melted Ghee, almond butter and monk fruit sweetener until smooth. Scrape the bowl down with a rubber spatula.
- Add the eggs and mix for 1 minute, or until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the Energy Collagen Protein, almond flour, coconut flour and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter/sweetener mixture. Mix for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Note: The batter will be thick.
- Stir in the chopped chocolate.
- Transfer the batter to the baking pan and smooth it out evenly with a rubber spatula.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes. Remove and let cool for 20 minutes in the pan. The blondies will appear slightly underdone, but will firm up more as they cool.
- To remove the blondies from the pan, gently pull up on the parchment paper and lift them out.
- Cut into squares, sprinkle with sea salt (optional) and serve with a piping-hot cup of Bulletproof’s clean, toxin-tested Coffee!
- Calories: 246
- Fat: 18 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sugar Alcohols: 9 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Net Carbs: 2 g
- Sodium: 120 mg
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!