Hazelnut Keto Fudgesicles
Fear not, ice cream lovers… You can still enjoy your favorite dessert on a low-carb or keto diet, sans guilt! As long as you’re willing to wait a few hours for your freezer to work its magic (it’s totally worth it!), you can create chocolatey, hazelnut keto fudgesicles that will surely satisfy your sweet tooth.
Instead of consuming store-bought popsicles that are often full of refined sugar, maltodextrin, thickeners and other dubious additives, why not make a keto-friendly version right at home? After all, a quick glance at the nutritional information for your go-to ice cream selection should convince you to go the homemade route.
Cut back on the carbohydrates and feed your body a yummy frozen treat that features several health-supportive ingredients like avocado and Bulletproof Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil (two excellent sources of quality fats) and Bulletproof Chocolate Collagen Protein. Plus, a tablespoon of Bulletproof Hazelnut Creamer gives this homemade ice cream recipe its signature flavor.
Disclaimer: The total time it takes from start to finish is about 5 hours. However, the prep time is fairly minimal. And when you consider these keto fudge pops only have 5 grams of sugar and 9 grams of net carbs per serving size, how can you go wrong?
So, what do you need to make keto fudgesicles right from your own kitchen?
All it really takes is a high-powered blender, some popsicle molds and a little patience. Oh, and don’t forget the popsicle sticks so you have something to hold on to!
Feel free to take this keto recipe in other directions, too. Try using Bulletproof-approved sweeteners like erythritol or stevia if you want to make things as close to sugar free as possible. You can make a dairy-free version if you’re lactose intolerant or choose to avoid dairy products by using full-fat coconut milk.
Ultimately, this is one of those keto desserts that’s bound to impress no matter what direction you take it. So, if you’re an ice cream lover searching for a low-carb recipe that’s easy to make and even easier to eat, these keto fudgesicles will most certainly do the trick!
Pro tip: Looking to cut the carb count in half? Use a skinnier popsicle mold, or buy one that allows for two popsicle stick inserts, so you can split the serving in two (though it may be quite hard to resist).
Hazelnut Keto Fudgesicles
- 1 cup coconut yogurt
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp Bulletproof Chocolate Collagen Protein
- 1 tbsp Bulletproof Hazelnut Creamer
- 2 tbsp Bulletproof Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil (can also use Bulletproof MCT Oil)
- 3-4 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-4 tbsp granulated monk fruit
- ½ cup cashews
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blitz until completely smooth.
- Scrape down the sides and blend again to make sure there are no lumps. Taste the mixture and add more sweetener, if needed.
- Pour into the molds (we made five popsicles) and insert the pop sticks.
- Place in the freezer for 4-5 hours, or overnight.
- Once frozen, remove from the freezer, pop out of the molds and decorate with melted chocolate, a sprinkle of homemade granola or fresh berries, based on your flavor preferences.
- Calories: 242
- Fat: 20 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sugar Alcohols: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Net Carbs: 9 g
- Sodium: 22 mg
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!