Southern-Style Collard Greens
- 1 ½ lbs organic collard greens , stems removed and leaves thinly sliced (1½ lbs is approximately 6-7 cups, sliced)
- 2 scallions , sliced
- 4-5 bacon rashers , chemical-free, organic or pasture-raised, diced
- 2 tbsp Grass-Fed Ghee
- 4-6 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- ¼ cup homemade chicken bone broth
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Bulletproof-friendly hot sauce
- 1 tbsp Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil
- Fry bacon until golden and crispy.
- Remove bacon and set aside for garnishing.
- Add the collard greens to the pan with the ghee, garlic, salt and bone broth and place the lid on top. Cook for a few minutes, give the mixture a stir and place the lid back on.
- When the greens are cooked to your liking, add apple cider vinegar and hot sauce, to taste.
- Top your tasty Southern collard greens with crumbles of crispy bacon, sliced scallions and a drizzle of Brain Octane Oil for an extra dose of quality fats!
- Servings: 1
- Calories: 307
- Fat: 28.1 g
- Protein: 7.3 g
- Fiber: 3.9 g
- Sugar: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.6 g
- Net Carbs: 5 g
- Sodium: 556 mg