Green Shakshuka Recipe
Perfect for Sunday brunch or a healthy weeknight dinner, this green shakshuka recipe will take your taste buds on a tour through the Middle East and North Africa—no passport required.
- 3-4 tbsp Bulletproof Grass-Fed Ghee
- 4 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 zucchini (diced)
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 bunch kale (de-stemmed and chopped)
- 5-6 large eggs
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro or parsley (chopped)
- 1 avocado (large, sliced for garnish)
- Heat 1-2 tbsp ghee in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Add the diced zucchini and cook until it has some color.
- Add 2 tbsp ghee into the pan to melt along with the garlic, chopped greens and salt. Cover with lid and allow everything to steam for a few minutes.
- Give the mix a good stir. When the greens have softened, flatten the mixture with a spatula and create 5-6 small wells.
- Crack the eggs into each well and cook until they are done to your liking. (Hint: Use the lid to create steam and speed up the process!)
- Sprinkle fresh herbs on top, garnish with sliced avocado and add extra salt, if desired.
- Serve up a portion of this green shakshuka recipe, dig in and enjoy!
- Servings: 1
- Calories: 280
- Fat: 23 g
- Protein: 10 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Sugar: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Net Carbs: 6 g
- Sodium: 390 mg