Green Shakshuka Recipe
- 3-4 tbsp Grass-Fed Ghee
- 4 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 1 zucchini , diced
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 bunch chard or silverbeet , de-stemmed and chopped
- 5-6 large eggs
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro or parsley , chopped
- 1 avocado , large, sliced for garnish
- Heat 1-2 tbsp ghee in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Add the diced zucchini and cook until it has some color.
- Add 2 tbsp ghee into the pan to melt along with the garlic, chopped greens and salt. Cover with lid and allow everything to steam for a few minutes.
- Give the mix a good stir. When the greens have softened, flatten the mixture with a spatula and create 5-6 small wells.
- Crack the eggs into each well and cook until they are done to your liking. (Hint: Use the lid to create steam and speed up the process!)
- Sprinkle fresh herbs on top, garnish with sliced avocado and add extra salt, if desired.
- Serve up a portion of this green shakshuka recipe, dig in and enjoy!
- Servings: 1
- Calories: 149
- Fat: 13.2 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Fiber: 2.2 g
- Sugar: 1.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.7 g
- Net Carbs: 5 g
- Sodium: 474 mg